We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Pass --- Moose Travel Network

Which British Columbia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bremen, Germany
Level Contributor
5 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Pass --- Moose Travel Network

Hi all,

I liked the sound of the Moose Travel Network jump on/jump off bus pass, hostel to hostel, cities, national parks, etc.

However, they have told me that they play music on their bus for the entire journey. That would drive me crazy.

Does anybody know of a company that does similar without the noise?

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,484 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Pass --- Moose Travel Network

Ha. That's a good one, and interesting. No, I don't think there is a comparable service to Moose. As far as I know, the only other option is Greyhound, or a more upscale tour.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,958 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Pass --- Moose Travel Network

Ear plugs?

Bremen, Germany
Level Contributor
5 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Pass --- Moose Travel Network

I'd rather support a tour company that doesn't expect me to listen to thumping music for hours on end. If people want to listen to music they can use their own personal devices. I don't see why the whole bus should have no choice but to listen to that noise for hours on end. So no, ear plugs wouldn't do, besides have you ever tried a pair that blocked out noise, because any that I have tried have never done that.

Bremen, Germany
Level Contributor
5 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Pass --- Moose Travel Network

Thanks, Vancouverite. I haven't found a similar company on the internet. I did the USA on Greyound, and if it's similar in Canada I'd rather give it a swerve.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,958 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Pass --- Moose Travel Network

I have not heard any feedback about "thumping" but it would not be pleasant, thst's for sure. I have used earplugs on the plane that successfully blocked sound.

However, Greyhound in Canada has worked harder at building additional negative feedback. They implemented cutbacks recently, so service has been impacted. As well the few news flare ups I have seen recently have been about lesser station pickups, meaning pickups at fairly small bus stoos. Problems with the bus not showing up and customer service having no information whatsoever. Waiting an hour for nothing. As well, two separate situations where pax needed to connect to another bus, but the first driver kept their printed ticket so they had nothing to show the second driver who would not let the pax board the bus. Seems obvious to make sure you have a ticket of some kind to get on the second bus, but the driver had assured both pax not to worry, it would be fine. I am actually expecting more stories like this with the new business model. The drivers seem to be very good though and exempt from what seems to be going on in the back office.

So moral of story, perhaps use Greyhound to get from a city's main bus depot to another city's main station.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Pass --- Moose Travel Network

I have been on Moose Travel a couple of years ago. I think the "thumping" music is a bit of an exaggeration. There was often music on in the background (usually a passenger's iPod), but it wasn't thumping. I enjoyed the atmosphere on the bus. Lots of good conversation and fun. The other passengers were great and lots of fun. I did ride Greyhound too, which was definitely not that pleasant. The woman next to me changed her clothes in front of me told he she was called the "black widow" for reasons that were a little scary!

Edited: 12 February 2014, 21:40
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,958 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus Pass --- Moose Travel Network

Gareth ~ that Greyhound story is too funny. Well, maybe not from your point of view though. Thanks for posting.

8. Re: Bus Pass --- Moose Travel Network

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 05:27