We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harisson Hot Springs - restaurants recs

Which Harrison Hot Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Harisson Hot Springs - restaurants recs

Next week we're headed for a few days at Harrison Hot Springs. It looks like the weather might actually stay hot. We haven't been to Harrison in years and need some recommendations for dining.

I've seen ads for the Kitami Japanese restaurant and Black Forest. Anyone have firsthand experience dining at either of these?

What is the Copper Room like these days. Is it worth a splurge?

Any other recommendations would also be appreciated.

ellie

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,496 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harisson Hot Springs - restaurants recs

ellie50 ... here's a link to an 'old' thread that could be helpful to you. We have not been up to Harrison this year as yet ... maybe sometime in Sept .. hope so!!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154931-i1358-k701…

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harisson Hot Springs - restaurants recs

I definately think Copper room is worth the splurge.the food is good and there just isnt many places to get that dining and dancing exoeriance the way the Copper Room does it

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harisson Hot Springs - restaurants recs

The Copper Room is well worth the splurge. Especially if you like to dance! It's a whole evening experience where you can have a 5 course dinner and dance in between from 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM. Be sure to make a reservation. We stay at the Executive Hotel - its not as expensive or so many kids - but we're not big on pools.

Haven't tried the other restaurants you mention - but there is a very reasonable little place for breakfast (don't know the name) but if you walk out the doors of the Executive, across the street heading straight for the beach it's on the left hand side.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harisson Hot Springs - restaurants recs

Thanks for all your replies.

We'll probably go to the Copper Room one night. Will hubby be okay in sports jacket and slacks or is suit and tie necessary?

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,496 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harisson Hot Springs - restaurants recs

For me, it's always been just a shirt & sweater, or long-sleeved shirt.

We have friends in Chilliwack who travel to Harrison often, and they rave about The Black Forest. We sure enjoy the ribs at Charlies, the pizza's at Harrison Pizza, and the huge burgers at Old Settler's.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harisson Hot Springs - restaurants recs

You don't need a suit and tie. My husband doesn't even own a sports jacket... he just wore dress pants and shirt. No tie - it's not his style!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harisson Hot Springs - restaurants recs

Thanks, he'll be happy to hear that. :-D

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harisson Hot Springs - restaurants recs

To update our experience:

We tried reserving at the Copper Room twice -- once in the early afternoon and once in the evening. We specifically told the switchboard that we wanted to make reservations. Both times, we were put through to a recorded message asking us to leave a name and number and saying they would 'get back' to us. Since we were out and almost all day, every day (as I would assume most vacationers would be), it wasn't at all practical (plus the b&b room we had didn't have it's own phone). It seems that a major hotel like the Harrison Resort should have the front hotel staff take reservations if no one is available at the restaurant. Anyways, we thought, "to heck with it " if they don't want our business, we'll go elsewhere.

So instead, we went to the Black Forest. We weren't disappointed. It was a wonderful meal with excellent service and a lovely view of the lake.

I'm not sure if we'll give the Copper Room another chance next time. Having been affiliated with the restaurant industry, we didn't think it was a good way to handle reservations.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harisson Hot Springs - restaurants recs

Forgot to add:

We also went to the Old Settler's Pub for an excellent prime rib dinner. The service was excellent and the atmosphere relaxed and friendly. Also had a nice lunch at Yukiya Sushi on Esplanade.

Other restaurants we tried:

The Rock (a new restaurant) - for dinner

- second floor sun deck, nice view

- inconsistent food (half good/half bad), slow service

- wouldn't go back

Harrison Beach Hotel - for lunch

- second floor sun deck , nice view

- friendly service

- good, standard lunch fare

- would probably go back

Lakeview Restaurant

- okay

- typical diner food

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,496 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harisson Hot Springs - restaurants recs

Ellie ... thanks for providing the update re: your stay ... and for being candid re: your experiences.

Get answers to your questions about Harrison Hot Springs