We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Vancouver to Harrison Hot Springs in 2 weeks

Virginia
10 posts
Save Topic
Driving from Vancouver to Harrison Hot Springs in 2 weeks

How is the drive from Vancouver to Harrison Hot Springs during the winter time? Is it an easy drive or difficult? Just want to be sure I won't be suprised in a couple weeks... Thanks!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Harrison Hot Springs in 2 weeks

It's an easy drive and our weather is improving so it's almost "spring" !!

Virginia
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Harrison Hot Springs in 2 weeks

I plan on making this just a day trip.. Given that, do I have to make any reservations in advanced to relax in the hot springs? Or can I just show up?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Harrison Hot Springs in 2 weeks

Contact Harrison Hot Springs Resort but it is offseason right now. http://www.harrisonresort.com/

They have a nice dining room - The Copper Room - with a 3 pc band and a nice dance floor that is well worth it if you like a nice old fashioned romantic dine and dance atmosphere.

Virginia
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Harrison Hot Springs in 2 weeks

Do I have to stay at a hotel here? I've already got a hotel in Vancouver, and was planning on just making this a day trip... I've looked a little online, but I have not found any good information concerning this situation...

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Harrison Hot Springs in 2 weeks

No you don't have to stay in the hotel - just to get to the hotsprings.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,244 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Harrison Hot Springs in 2 weeks

The drive is super easy and it would hardly be considered "winter" driving - temperatures these days are in the 10 degree Celsius range (50 Fahrenheit).

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Harrison Hot Springs in 2 weeks

At the Harrison Hot Springs resort the main and largest resort facility you can pay for a day pass and use the pools and changing rooms etc.It may be worth considering staying there,it is quite relxing and beautiful.

There is a community pool that used to be heated by the hot springs not sure if it still is

8. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Harrison Hot Springs in 2 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 11:22
Get answers to your questions about Harrison Hot Springs