We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harrison Hot Springs in one weekend

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
192 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Harrison Hot Springs in one weekend

Hi there,

Just looking for some advice on what to do in Harrison Hot Springs this weekend. There's a group of six of us heading up, all aged between 20-30. We're staying at the Harrison Village Motel, and will most likely just treat this as a base and be out for the rest of the time. We are driving from downtown Vancouver early on Saturday morning and will likely return late on Sunday night. The youngest two girls of our party are visiting from Ireland and are keen to see and do lots, so these ideas might sound ambitious for one weekend, but we'd like to make the most of our trip.

Some ideas I've had for things to do are:

- Hells Gate airtram

- Othello tunnels

- Bridel Veil Falls

- Picnic on the beach at Harrison Hot Springs

- and of course spend some time enjoying the hot springs

- Visit Fort Langley on the way home to Vancouver

Could anyone suggest any other hot spots in or around the area?

Also - can someone please clarify whether there is public access to the hot springs? It sounds like it is all pumped into one of the resort pools... Since we're not staying at that particular resort, is there a public area we can access the hot springs??

Thanks so much!

Edited: 13 June 2011, 19:57
Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,508 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harrison Hot Springs in one weekend

There is a public pool that has hot springs piped into it.

Your trip sounds great...you might stop in Agassiz are and pick up some cheese and picnic supplies

check out the Circle Farm Tour and go to Farmhouse Cheese.

www.circlefarmtour.com/index.php?page_id=13

for a different route out I'd stay on Lougheed hwy (hwy7) on the north side of the River..all the way to Hope and then join hwy 1 out to Hell's Gate..there's a great cafe in Hope on hwy 1 ((you'll have to back track from hwy 7 into town about a mile) called Riverside cafe..excellent breakfast at reasonable price.More trendy is the Blue Moose Cafe on Wallace St in Hope a few blocks into town. After Hell's Gate work your way back towards Hope and do a stop at Alexandra Bridge Provincial Park.. it's a short hike down to the old bridge and well worth doing.

From here make your way to Harrison Hot Springs.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
28,512 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harrison Hot Springs in one weekend

There is a public pool in HHS. Haven't been there in YEARS and it was pretty run down then. I think they have refurbished since then, but you can check it out.

I've heard that you can hike up to the location where the springs comes out of the ground, but not sure where that is exactly. I know that you head to your left along the edge of the lake until you get to the end of the dyke.

Here's the Tourism site for HHS:

http://www.tourismharrison.com/

There's info on the public pool under Things to do>Attractions

The Othello Tunnels is a great stop. Take your time there.

On your way to/from Hells Gate, stop into the Museum in Yale as well. If you like, you can save some bucks at Hells Gate and walk down rather than ride the cable car. They might even let you ride back up again. The trail head is just south of the main attraction just past the pedestrian overpass.

Alexandra Bridge Provincial Park is another stop on that route.

The other destination you may want to look into is Cultus Lake. There's stuff there like watersides and mini Golf. It depends if you want to go for that sort of thing. There's also a provincial park with trails.

Have fun. Sounds like a good plan.

Edited: 13 June 2011, 21:40
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harrison Hot Springs in one weekend

The walk to the source of the Hot Springs is easy and flat and goes past the hotel. It is sort of sad that it is all fenced in, but that was done after a bad accident a few years ago. Here are two of my GoList links:

tripadvisor.ca/GoListDetail-i5841-Fraser_Val…

tripadvisor.ca/GoListDetail-i1136-B_C_not_ju…

There is a new Italian deli in Harrison that is perfect for picnics and room snacks. It is located in the little strip mall under the Executive Hotel.

4. Re: Harrison Hot Springs in one weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2017, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Harrison Hot Springs