We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lac de Jeune Resort

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Lac de Jeune Resort

We're looking to stay in Kamloops over the Victoria Day long weekend (on the Sunday night to be precise) and already most places are booked up.

We're booking our trip through Trailfinders and they have a deal with Lac De Jeune Resort but it seems to have some terrible reviews on here and other review sites.

Firstly, can anyone back these up - is this place as terrible as it sounds ? And secondly, are there any other hotels around there that anyone can recommend (obviously I'm aware they might well be full because of the date) ?

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lac de Jeune Resort

I didn't realize that we were that popular at that time of year.

One suggestion would be to go uphill to Sunpeaks resort, about 1 hour NE of kamloops. Several inns/hotels exist here.

http://www.sunpeaksresort.com/

Another choice is about 0.5 hours west of Kamloops at the Lakeside Country Inn.

http://www.lakesideinn.bc.ca/

I have never stayed at either of these locations and maybe some traveler can provide a better clue.

I know nothing about the quality of the Lac le Jeune resort BUT the location is not as beutiful as it once was due to a major beetle infestation that has affected the forests in the area. Because of the death of a lot of the trees, harvest has occured and viewscapes are not as pretty as before. I would also guess that the provincial park campsite next door will be quite busy too.

Hopefully this helps, enjoy your trip :0)

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lac de Jeune Resort

Thanks again for your advice, Mooseboy !

The Lakeside Inn would probably be better for us as we're driving to Whistler the following day so that would be heading in the right direction.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,918 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lac de Jeune Resort

We used to stay at Lac LeJuene many years ago in the winter for cross country skiing at that time the resort was quite basic..we had cabins and eventaully rented a house there. I certainly would not be a choice that would make to stay.. look at Sun Peaks for sure.. as well if you are driving hwy 99 to Whistler you would have to backtrack from Lac Le Jeune

are you driving down from Jasper? you might also look at area around 100 mile house or Blue River or even Cache Creek

4. Re: Lac de Jeune Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Kamloops