We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive time from Sun Peaks to Silver Star.

new zealand
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Drive time from Sun Peaks to Silver Star.

What is the winter drive time from Sun Peaks to Silver Star.

Kamloops
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive time from Sun Peaks to Silver Star.

Easy three hour drive depending on if a major snow storm is happening. Very high travelled route so snow plows keep it open all the time.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Sun+Peaks&1s=BC&2c=Vernon&2s=BC

Sunpeaks to Kamloops = 60 min.

Kamloops to Vernon = 90 min.

Vernon to Silver Star = 30 min.

I believe all these times are generous and are obviously snow driving dependant. Very easy getting to/from each location.

Attached map does not show the Vernon to Silver Star route but I am guessing that the Silver Star web site will have info.

Hope this helps :0)

new zealand
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive time from Sun Peaks to Silver Star.

Thanks BC boy any reccomendations on a car rental company in Vernon as we will need to hire a car for the day. Is the drive scenic/worth doing for a day trip to check out Sun Peaks.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
568 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive time from Sun Peaks to Silver Star.

Found two rental groups for you, have never rented vehicles so don't know pros/cons of either business.

www.discountcar.com/English/Locations.cfm…

www.bcbudget.com/Locations/Vehicle/ver.htm

Drive from Vernon to Kamloops goes through several small towns and farm/countrysides. On the shore of one lake and along a river. Kamloops is about 100,000 population and a larger community in BC. Drive from Kamloops to Sunpeaks mirrors above comments. Majority of the route is either two or four lane highway (80-100km speeds). I have driven the route probably close to a million times :0) so am not a great referrence to scenic qualities although I think it is good.

Hope this helps.

4. Re: Drive time from Sun Peaks to Silver Star.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Kamloops