We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Born and Raised Kamloopsianin

Which Kamloops hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Born and Raised Kamloopsianin

I was born In Kamloops in 1965. Left for about 10 years as an adult and came back about 16 years ago. I love it here. So much to do, people are friendly and helpful. Some good reataurants, great theatre, rivers, lakes what more could you ask for. So for all of you passing through. Take a little more time to enjoy all that we have to offer. You may decide to stay.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,883 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Born and Raised Kamloopsianin

Hey Mauigirl ~

Great to see you on this forum. If you're interested, the Travel Guide in the left sidebar, could use some beefing up. You could write some travel articles so that travellers could be referred there to read up to date information about your home town.

tripadvisor.com/Travel_Guide-g154932-Kamloop…

On the above page, you will find near the bottom of the section called "For Foreign Visitors" a button that says "see more travel articles." Open that and read through what's being said about Kamloops.

In the contribute boxes, especially "Things to Do," you will see a button for "adding a new topic." Or you can click on an existing tops to edit it. These are wiki projects. Someone gets started, based on their expertise, and anyone can edit updates or additional information.

Sounds like you would be an ideal person, with your roots in Kamloops, to put the city on the map, so to speak. The questions on the Kamloops forum would benefit from your participation as well.

Hope to see you more often on the forums!

Derbyshire, UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Born and Raised Kamloopsianin

Hi Mauigirl! My husband and I have made quite a few trips to Canada - we love it and we've seen many of the must see sights - the Rockies, Icefields Parkway, Sea to Sky Highway. And you know - one place we really love even amongst all those famous sights, is Kamloops!

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Born and Raised Kamloopsianin

Multimix. I will certainly give it a whirl.

Gubbs. Thank you for your note.

I'm off to Maui for a little r&r next week and I will read all the info there is and see what I can do.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Born and Raised Kamloopsianin

"Kamloopsianin" - most interesting. (I'm always intrigued about what one calls a resident of a particular place.)

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Born and Raised Kamloopsianin

Lol.

Itchyfeet

That was a bit of a typo. Serves me right for using my iPhone.

It's actually. Kamloopsian.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
603 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Born and Raised Kamloopsianin

Me too born and raised in Kamloops but left there in 1973 and have not moved back but go back regularly to visit family. NorKam Grad here.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Born and Raised Kamloopsianin

Mauigirl, it would be great if you could add some Kamloops info as most of us direct travellers who are heading to/from Vancouver - Rockies to just pass right through Kamloops or at most use it as a sleepover.

I personally have never found anything exciting about Kamloops to pass on to others, so it would be great to know even for myself.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
66 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Born and Raised Kamloopsianin

Kamloops is our second home. Many people that just stay overnight obviously don't find it very exciting, but it is really a bit of a jewel. It has one of the better downtowns which hosts a fantastic farmers market for several months of the year. It has Riverside Park and the Kamloops Wildlife park.

And it's pretty hard to beat the summer if you like it hot.

As is the case for most communities, just get off the highway once and awhile.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Born and Raised Kamloopsianin

I wasn't born in Kamloops but we moved there when I was about a year old and I was raised there, out in Dallas. I graduated from Kam Hi in 1977, did a year at what was then Cariboo College and moved to the coast, never to live there again but my parents did until 2000, and I visited often in those days. Nothing better than a hot summer day lazing about in my parent's pool - to say nothing of trying to get home for Christmas by either driving through the snowy mountains or flying on a plane that may or may not be able to land at the airport due to weather conditions. I haven't been back since 2000 but when I had Shaw satellite TV down here in Mexico I used to watch the CFJC News weekly summary on Sundays - just to revisit the old haunts - and I must admit to tweaks of homesickness.

Kamloops is a pretty good town, not too big, friendly and quite scenic. For things to do there is great skiing, excellent mountain biking, water skiing on the river, horseback riding, and these days plenty of good golf I hear, if you are into that sort of thing, and of course fishing for the famous Kamloops trout. Speaking of trout - I wonder, do they still have Kami Overlander Days with the Kamloops trout mascott in a cowboy hat and six guns?

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Born and Raised Kamloopsianin

Hi nan

You were only about 10 years ahead of me. Dis u go to Dallas elem or Marion shilling? I'm not sure about the overlandee event I'll check.

We do have music in the park. Every night starting July 2 right to the end of aug. We have a musical performance at riverside park. I'm going to try and get sone info for this site ASAP but spring is here and it's planting and getting the yard in shape