We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation needed in Kelowna

Cumbria, UK
11 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation needed in Kelowna

Hi

We are planning on staying at Kelowna for one night in September en-route to Vancouver, I was going to book the Lake Okanagan but I saw it had a few dodgy reviews on here. I hoping someone could recommend somewhere that is pleasant, it does not need to 4/5* and not too expensive, looking to spend no more then $200/night.

Thanks

bristol uk
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation needed in Kelowna

Dear Katiemary, I have been hoping that someone with local knowledge would answer this one ... just wanted to say that we will be in Kelowna for 3 nights in August and have booked in at the Siesta Motor Inn - I choose this place because of its reviews in TA, the type of accommodation offered and it's location. It may be of interest to you

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
308 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation needed in Kelowna

My parents live in Kelowna and whenever we visit, we always stay at the Holiday Inn Express. It's well located on Hwy. 97(the main hwy. through town), very pleasant staff, very clean, nice rooms, pool area and fabulous free breakfast every morning. It's about a 10-15 minute drive from the lakefront and downtown area depending on traffic. September should be a little less crazy on Hwy. 97 because Canadian kids are back to school then and "holiday" time is over.

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation needed in Kelowna

Would you consider a bed and breakfast? Two years ago we stayed in the Barrel and Tank suite at Accounting for Taste B & B - http://www.accountingfortaste.ca/ The views from the hot tub were amazing and the huge breakfast was absolutely delicious...all for about $100 per night.

Mountlake Terrace...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation needed in Kelowna

We stayed at the Travelodge on Abbott (1 block off Hwy 97 just over the bridge) last year and are headed there again next week. It's right across the street from City Park and if you have kids, the park has a playground, water park and access to beach and swimming. The hotel has free parking, a continental breakfast and a pool and small hot tub. Rates for a 1 Queen, 1 Double room in the summer run us $136/night.

Kelowna
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation needed in Kelowna

Hello,

Good middle-of-the-road properties would be places like the Holiday Inn Express, the Best Western and the Ramada. All of them are nice and well under $200 per night excluding taxes.

If you wanted some place more up-scale but also pricier, look into Manteo Resort. It is right on the lake and probably the nicest of the hotels on the lake.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation needed in Kelowna

Hi Katiemary,

The Lake Okanagan Resort (aka L.O.R.) is a very decent property. It is a bit older, however the property is right above the lake and offers the best view around.

However, with that said, the resort is located approx 25 minutes outside of town. Additionally, you will have to travel a very windy road to get to the resort. So if you had planned to take in any local activites, I wouldnt think this would be the place for you to stay.

Where will you be driving or flying in from? If you let me know, I would be happy to provide you with a listing of hotels/resorts...there are plenty to chose from.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation needed in Kelowna

If you don't mind driving in to town, then we just had a great stay at Altovista B&B. It is really quite luxurious, a beautiful property set near the vineyards, and breakfast was out of this world. All for about $150 per night. Balconies in the rooms had great views too.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation needed in Kelowna

I'm always very comfortable recommending the Siesta. It is motel level accomodation but the best of the motels along the Lakeshore Road. You can get a fairly cheap (I think about $15/person) shuttle to and from the airport.

Good luck.

morrisburg...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation needed in Kelowna

the fairfield marriot is new this year. we have booked in september for a week at very reasonable rate. not too far from the airport as well

Toronto
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation needed in Kelowna

I would suggest the Travel lodge right downtown Kelowna by the lake. Its reasonalble and part of a chain of hotels that are fairly priced and clean.