We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from Calgary to Kelovna in the winter "

Pisa
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Public transport from Calgary to Kelovna in the winter "

Hello!

Can someone tell me if there goes busses from Calgary to Kelowna in February /Mars? Is it very expensive? If there goes bus, can they drive the distance during a day, or did I have to stay over some place? Anne

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,035 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport from Calgary to Kelovna in the winter "

Try www.greyhound.ca for bus fares and schedules.

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Kelowna
Level Contributor
589 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport from Calgary to Kelovna in the winter "

You can drive in one day but be prepared for typical winter driving conditions. Your best bet is Greyhound Bus which will have you more relaxed when you get to Kelowna. Enjoy your stay.

Rockies BC
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport from Calgary to Kelovna in the winter "

I'd consider flying. Westjet flies between Kelowna & Calgary. I just checked the site & you could fly on Jan 11 for a total of $134.53, & the flight takes only about 1 hr (plus an hour for the time change - Calgary is in the Mountain Time zone, whereas Kelowna is in Pacific). If you took Greyhound you'd be paying about $80 for a 10-15 hour trip. If you have the extra $50 it's worth every penny to fly.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport from Calgary to Kelovna in the winter "

No public transport as they are about 7-8hrs apart by car. I would never consider the bus, but I am biased. Look for flights. It is only a 1hr flight and well worth it.

5. Re: Public transport from Calgary to Kelovna in the winter "

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2011, 07:36
Get answers to your questions about Kelowna