We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August Golf

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
August Golf

Hey, I will be attending a wedding in Kelowna for August. Looking to play 2 rounds of golf. Any suggestions on courses? Looking for very scenic/stunning views courses, moderate difficulty, moderate price ($~80-100 per 18 holes, not including cart)...

Your help is appreciated,

Adam

Blind Bay, BC
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August Golf

Here's a few to choose from : tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g154933-Activitie…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,788 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August Golf

What you are describing is:

Gallagher's Canyon

The Quail

The Bear

Tower Ranch (cart included)

They are at the upper end of your budget and you will be required to rent a power cart.

These are resort courses, so you can adjust the dificulty by choosing which tee box that you want to play from.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: August Golf

Thanks datthecoast

I am really liking Tower Ranch; looks pretty stunning from what I have seen so far.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,788 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: August Golf

Tower Ranch is terrific. It's the newest of the courses I suggested

Gallagher's Canyon has been around the longest. It's quite "mountainous" with lots of big elevation changes.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: August Golf

I'd look at Black Mountain as well. It fits into your budget and includes a cart. We love Hole 5 with the island green and Hole 11...a nice par three over a ravine hole.

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Kelowna
Level Contributor
581 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: August Golf

Not sure where your staying but both the Quail and the Bear at Quail Ridge might suit you. For views probably Tower, Black Mountain or Harvest. Book early.

Alberta
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: August Golf

Hey there Kelowna golfers,

I am looking to play some golf while in Kelowna next week. Myself and my wife are looking for a course that is easy on casual golfers. What places do you reccomend? I would like to play the ones mentioned when I get a bit better.

Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,788 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: August Golf

Shannon Lake in West Kelowna is pretty and is quite "user friendly."

Or try Kelowna Springs.

I think that Shannon Lake is a better "bang for your buck" and is just a fun track.....

But both would be fine for beginning players.

Edited: 08 July 2014, 06:58
Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Kelowna
Level Contributor
581 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: August Golf

Shadow Ridge is also a good choice.

10. Re: August Golf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:16