We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun in Penticton for Ladies Soccer Team

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Fun in Penticton for Ladies Soccer Team

Hi, we're a women's soccer team (ages 35 - 45) travelling to Penticton for a soccer tournament in May, 2006. We're staying at the Ramada Hotel which is near Kings Park. We're looking for some good restaurants and fun bars/pubs for nights out and dancing. Any suggestions?

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun in Penticton for Ladies Soccer Team

Hi chick --

I'll let a local expert do the bars and dancing routine - I would suggest that you consider a ride to Oliver - where the wineries are -- My favourite distination there is the restaurant at the Burrowing Owl Winery - great food and service - and of course, great wines --

I don't know how many are in your group, but if there are lots of you, you'll want to reserve well in advance -- and perhaps a local expert can suggest a van or small bus service that would do the drop off and pick up for a reasonable per person fee. Maybe you can arrange visits to 2 or 3 other wineries for tastings and then end up at Burrowing Owl for dinner.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun in Penticton for Ladies Soccer Team

A very popular restaurant is Salty's Beach House located on Lakeshore Drive (just a couple of blocks north of where you will be staying) along. It has a great view of Okanagan Lake, fun, lively atmosphere, and a great Caribbean style food - even an oyster bar upstairs.

There are several other great restaurants along the strip there - just take a walk down Lakeshore Drive and see what suits you fancy. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Another fun restaurant is Theos (at the corner of Main Street and Eckhart). It's the best Greek resturant in BC - no kidding!

Dancing??? Try the Blue Mule (corner of Martin and Westminster). Basically country and western style. There are a couple of other popular choices a few blocks north of Theos on, right on Mainstreet - The Element Nightclub or Jose's Pepper Club (this one a great mexican restaurant, but in the evening turns into a bit of a party like environment)

Have a great stay in Penticton!

VLM
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun in Penticton for Ladies Soccer Team

Hi Kicksychick,

Glad to hear you'll be visiting the Penticton Soccer club in May for our tournament.

The Blue Mule is the club you'll want to visit after all the festivities at the beer garden close down for the day. The Mule is technically a "country bar" but they play all kinds of music. The Element & Night Moves cater more to the 19 - 25 yr olds.

The Ramada is also home to the KVR pub. some of the dishes are alright but they do make fabulous thin crust pizza. Reasonably priced.

Jose's is located right downtown in the City Center building the food is very good. My favorite is the BLAT sandwich. Reasonably priced.

Get your carbo load at the Pasta Factory. A wide variety of pasta dishes. Good food and reasonably priced.

The Speedway grill on Main Street is very good for breakfast or lunch but aren't open in the evening. Reasonably priced.

If you do feel like a drive, the wineries in Oliver and those a little closer on Naramata road have some fabulous restaurant/ bistro's attached. A little higher end.

Lastly, if you want a birds eye view of the area, take a drive "way up" Carmi to the Lost Moose Lodge. The food is alright but the view is spectacular! mid price.

Have fun!!

Get answers to your questions about Penticton