We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive time Whistler to Prince George

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Drive time Whistler to Prince George

Can any one tell me the drive time from Whistler to Prince George in May -- do not want to rush - have plenty of time and then Prince George to Jasper

18 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Drive time Whistler to Prince George

Ah, now I understand. Thanks for clarifying and enjoy your trip.

Big Ego, BC
Level Contributor
7 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Drive time Whistler to Prince George

Has anyone done the drive from horseshoe bay to PG as well as the twassessen to pg? Looking for the quickest way to get there. I ve been on through kamloops so many times that its getting boring.

Big Ego, BC
Level Contributor
7 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Drive time Whistler to Prince George

Has anyone done the drive from horseshoe bay to PG as well as the twassessen to pg? Looking for the quickest way to get there. I ve been on through kamloops so many times that its getting boring.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,665 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Drive time Whistler to Prince George

You don't go through Kamloops to get to Prince George. You go through Cache Creek.

Not only the quickest but the ONLY way to get to Prince George is up Highway 97.

Prince George...
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Drive time Whistler to Prince George

Nope. There are at least four viable routes you can use from the Lower Mainland.

- The most common route is to use Hwy 1 east to Hope then north through the Fraser Canyon to Cache Creek. From there you can use Hwy 97 north through 100 Mile, Williams Lake and Quesnel to Prince George.

- From Horseshoe Bay you can follow Hwy 99 north through Whistler and Pemberton, across the Duffy Lake road to Lillooet, then continue on to the intersection with Hwy 97 just north of Cache Creek.

- At Hope you can leave the Trans Canada and use the Coquihalla to the outskirts of Kamloops, then west on Hwy 1 back to Hwy 97 at Cache Creek. This route is longer than the Fraser Canyon but actually faster, especially if you're willing to push the speed limits.

- You can go through Kamloops and north on Hwy 5 to Little Fort. From there you can go west across the Bridge Lake road to join Hwy 97 just south of 100 Mile or continue north all the way to Tete Jaune Cache, then west on the Yellowhead Hwy to Prince George. This route is at least 2 hours longer than the more direct options but if you've done the trip enough times you'll try anything for a change.

Biloela, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Drive time Whistler to Prince George

Very new to all this but, we are driving from Vancouver to Jasper over a 2 night 3 days. What is the most scenic route to take. I had considered going via Prince George but really only want to have a 4 to 41/2 hour driving time each day so we can admire the view.

Big Ego, BC
Level Contributor
7 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Drive time Whistler to Prince George

For the best scenery IMO. Drive to lake Louise and head up the ice fields road. You'll see many sights and sites.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,012 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Drive time Whistler to Prince George

Ros,

you are buried here at the end of an old posting / thread..and the original poster ( known henceforth as the OP!) will possibly get an email notification that his question has popped up again...so first

Welcome to TA

second..go to the British Columbia forum and look for the yellow bar that says Ask a Question..post your question here and you'll get responses.

Driving from Vancouver to Jasper by way of Prince George is very much going out of your way.

It will help us to give you best info ig f you can say when you're coming, how much time you have overall, what are your main objectives.. i.e. hiking? sightseeing? bear watching?

Do you have your flights already booked and if so into and out of ??? ( If flights aren't booked then you may have more options for travel/sightseeing, if they are booked then it gives a framework for people here to suggest ideas for you.

Look forward to seeing your question on it's own.

Reply to: Drive time Whistler to Prince George
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted