We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to Rossland

Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
getting to Rossland

I dont have a car and need to get to Rossland in Febuary from Spokane washinton USA, anybody gat advice ?

5 replies to this topic
Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to Rossland

Greyhound or fly. The flights go either to Trail or Castlegar so you'd still need to taxi to Rossland. Trail is closest. Not sure where the greyhound goes, but you could google that. Flights go from Vancouver - not sure about from the US.

Parksville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to Rossland

Mike

have a look at this web page. I think the shuttle from Spokane would work. Also, I don't think it's a problem bringing a US rental car into Canada (from what's posted on the web page) - but you'd have to double-check with the Canadian border agency as well as the rental car company.

hellobc.com/en-CA/…Rossland.htm

The same info is also available on Tourism Rossland's page: http://www.tourismrossland.com/getting_here

Kootenays, British...
Level Contributor
405 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to Rossland

This is an unfortunately tough question!

You should be able to take the Red Express Shuttle from Spokane http://www.redreservations.com/ . I really don't have much information about it.

I believe you can rent a car as long as you return it to Spokane and are frank with them about your proposed trip so they can insure the vehicle appropriately. Contact the rental agencies directly.

Flying here from Spokane is not an option. There are no direct flights and neither Trail nor Castlegar is an international airport. You would have to fly to Vancouver or Calgary and then fly to Trail.

I do not know of any bus connection from Spokane.

Just keep reminding yourself that the reason you want to come to Rossland is because it is off the beaten track and has some of the best skiing in the world.

Latrobe, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to Rossland

Queen City Charters based in Nelson go to Spokane twice weekly over winter and drop off and pick up in Rossland. Their website is:

http://www.kootenayshuttle.com/

I travelled with them Nelson to Spokane in 2010 and will probably do Spokane - Nelson then Rossland - Spokane 2012.

The RED Express shuttle to my knowledge no longer opperates (a falling out with RED management so the grapevine said). There is certainly no mention of that option on the RED mountain website as an option for getting there.

Greyhound goes via Vancouver and Seattle so you spend over 24 hours on a crappy coach. I have friends who have flown into Castlegar but the weather can be sketchy and flights are often cancelled or delayed.

PS I'm smiling at the irony of an aussie giving travel advice about Canada on a US web site!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,023 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to Rossland

Its perfect, as you are the one's who actually use these services. Us locals just drive there. :>

Reply to: getting to Rossland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rossland