We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews on Kayaking trips

Which Tofino hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
1 post
Save Topic
Reviews on Kayaking trips

Hi,

Can anyone offer any reviews of the guided trips in and around the area. Was it worth the money? Which outfitter did you use? Did travelling in a group slow you down?

What alternatives are there to these trips?

I have kayaked just a few times, and am considering doing day trips into the Sound from Tofino, but not sure if saving the money is worth missing out on the trips they market so well online :)

Thanks for your help!

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews on Kayaking trips

I've taken 3-4 trips with Tofino Sea Kayaking (including their Vargas Island overnight) and would definitely recommend them. While I have kayaked many times, I'm not yet comfortable with going out on my own, esp in an area with a fair amount of boat traffic and not being familiar with the currents, etc. But my sister and her BF rented kayaks from them one afternoon and paddled around the harbor a bit on their own and did just fine. I would go with a guide for the Meares Island trip at least (which is the favorite day trip I've done in the area) so you have someone who's familiar with the area, knows where the trailhead is, knows the local flora and fauna, etc.

2. Re: Reviews on Kayaking trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 08:16