We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to go to tofino with my friends..need some...

Burnaby
1 post
Save Topic
first time to go to tofino with my friends..need some...

going to tofino from nanaimo by ferry( dunno which departure ferry terminal to take off and which arrival ferry terminal to get to tofino)

we r looking for a cozy cabin with reasonable prcing and good sights where we can BBQ and go crabbing..

it would be great if anyone who's been there can give us some suggestions..tks a lot

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to go to tofino with my friends..need some...

If you're coming from Burnaby, the closest ferry would be Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay. Departure Bay (rather than Duke Point from Tswassen) in Nanaimo is also closer to the turnoff that takes you out to Tofino.

Sorry can't help you with the cabins, as we always camp.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to go to tofino with my friends..need some...

Do a google search for Tofino Accomodations, and a lot of sites come back. There are more cabins for rent than hotel rooms. Personally, I didn't find any of the prices "reasonable". But then, I was looking for my husband and myself, maybe it's better if you can split the cost with other people.

I'm curious what route the ferry takes to go from Nanaimo to Tofino, since Nanaimo is on the east coast and Tofino is on the west. Or are you taking the ferry to Nanaimo and driving from there?

columbia sc
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to go to tofino with my friends..need some...

just got back from there..found a great place in the rain forest between ucluelet and tofino..was very private..and so many beaches and the drive was beatiful from ucluelet to tofino was worth it..cost was great..look up cabins in uclelet lots of them..and you will love the beaches on the way to tofino

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to go to tofino with my friends..need some...

amberm1 - There is no ferry that goes from Nanaimo to Tofino. Matis will take the ferry from Vancouver to Nanaimo and then drive to Tofino via Port Alberni. As Matis is writing from Burnaby, I'm sure they probably already know that.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time to go to tofino with my friends..need some...

Comox, I didn't think there was a ferry, it would have to go all the way around the island.

But reading Matis's post, it really sounds like they expect the ferry to go to Tofino. "going to tofino from nanaimo by ferry", "which arrival ferry terminal to get to tofino". And I also assumed Matis would know better than I, living in the area, so I was wondering if it was a special route, or if I was misunderstanding the post. I'm still not sure.