We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation recommendations

elephant and castle
2 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation recommendations

Hi, Having visited the fabulous Tofino a couple of times back in 2001 during the winter when we stayed at the Inn at Tough City ( I love that place) we are coming back for 10 days this September 13/14 with friends. We are looking for top quality value for money accomodation for 4/5 people-preferably right on the beach and within walking/cycling distance of Tofino.

I am also looking for recommendations for things to do - our friends are keen walkers/hikers. I would also like to do some canoing and bird watching. Can we bear or whale watch during September too?

All recommendations will be most gratefully received.

Yours in anticipation,

Charlie

Adventure Tofino - Wildlife Tours
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Ocean Outfitters
Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Jamie's Whaling Station and Adventure Centres
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Remote Passages Marine Excursions
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Kayaking & Canoeing, Nature & Wildlife Tours
elephant and castle
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation recommendations

I meant to say self catering accomodation.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation recommendations

I used Tofino Vacation Rentals to arrange a 3 BR rental on Chesterman Beach last year and found them to be very good to work with. We were really pleased with the house we rented (it was one of the S Chesterman units closest to the beach).

I did a combo whale watching/hot springs trip in October one time and we saw a gray whale and a couple bears on the shore on the way to the hot springs, so I would imagine that seeing whales and/or bears in Sept is a possibility.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation recommendations

We just got back from our second vist to Tofino- I too loved Tough City.

I really think Tofino Vacation Rentals is the way to go. We rented a four bedroom 3 bath house on Jensen's Bay. We were right on the bay no obstruction to the view at all and very good views from all bedrooms and living area. Beautiful house, hot tub, washer/dryer etc. A short walk (Less than 10 min for a person with some mobility issues and we were on Chesterman Beach. Last trip we did the condos at Eik's Landing and just loved it too. The staff can give you a feel for proximity to the water (A big priority for us). The Jensen Bay area is located in a bird sanctuary and we saw eagles and many other birds over our stay.

We loved hiking the Tombolo over to Frank Island at low tide. Nice view of the lighthouse on Leonard but make sure you know the tide schedule. Also you cannot actually go onto Frank Island (It is posted private property but you can get right next to it.)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation recommendations

The Best Western Tin Wis is right on the beach and it offers suites with kitchens so you can cook your own meals.

5. Re: Accomodation recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 15:16