We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2-day Itinerary for Tofino

Which Tofino hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
2-day Itinerary for Tofino

Hello-

I've planned a trip to Tofino (just husband and me) for the middle of September. We're staying at Long Beach Lodge (per other tripadvisor recommendations). There is so much to do/see in Tofino that I'm a bit overwhelmed and, unfortunately, we only have two full days (and 3 nights) to see the area. (We're driving from Vancouver and then will leave and drive to Seattle.)

Does anyone have a good itinerary for 2 days in Tofino? I'm looking to see the area -- thus, I think that PRNP should be on our list -- and perhaps either go fishing (for salmon) or do a wilderness boat tour or visit the Hot Springs or go kayaking or surfing? As you can tell, it all sounds great to me!

Anyway, if you have any advice about what's do-able in that time frame I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,040 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 2-day Itinerary for Tofino

I wouldn't make too many decisions in advance. I would wait until you get there and then make your decisions based on the weather.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 2-day Itinerary for Tofino

Good point vancouverite6:

We booked when we got there. (3 night stay) and found it was fine (other than the kayaking and I doubt that was necessary).

Have a fun trip!

Edited: 27 August 2011, 13:07
Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 2-day Itinerary for Tofino

Can't recommend highly enough a trip with Archipelago Wildlife Cruises out of Ucluelet, this trip is an outstanding cruise through the Broken Islands. The wildlife is amazing and Al & Toddy are brilliant hosts. If it appeals uggest you book in advance it is very popular.

Exeter GB
Level Contributor
647 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 2-day Itinerary for Tofino

The short sgnposted trails through the forests of the Pacific Rim are tremendous. We did the Schooner Cove trail, Rainforest trail, Shorepine Bog trail and South Beach trail all in one day. This sounds like a lot of trailing around but each is short and quite different from the others.They are undemanding for anyone reasonably mobile. They are also absolutely free to anyone with a park pass.

Although they are signposted and well-maintained, we were surprised how little explanation there was about them on site. The park offices have a basic map but we couldn't find a good guidebook or pamphlet describing what we were seeing. For instance, the fascinating Shorepine Bog Trail had no information boards except one at the start.

Luckily we had downloaded and printed off copies beforehand of the super articles here:

tofinotime.com/activities/tofinohiking.htm

which explained everthing. Recommended.

15. Re: 2-day Itinerary for Tofino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 12:15