We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

horne lake caves to tofino

Vancouver
Level Contributor
175 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
horne lake caves to tofino

We are planning a weekend trip (May 19-21) to Tofino. If we catch an early ferry on the saturday, would we have time to do the caves at Horne lake and then drive to tofino? I am thinking of the 90min family tour. I looked on google map, and it looked a bit far?

another option would be to do the caves on our way back to nanaimo.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: horne lake caves to tofino

Seems very doable to me.

Take early ferry, arrive by 10:15 to Nanaimo. About an hour and a quarter to Horne Lake. Take noon tour. Finish by 2 pm. Drive about 3 hours to Tofino. Arrive about dinner. Full day but you should be able to do all that and go out for a nice dinner and a walk on the beach.

Have fun!

hornelake.com/?portfolios=1-5-hour-cave-tour

2. Re: horne lake caves to tofino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:41