We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Tofino

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
73 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Tofino

I have been looking at several hotels in Tofino, and don't know which one is right for a romantic getaway. My dream has always been to stay at the Wickaninnish Inn, but it is very expensive plus I am not sure if it's as cozy as I thought it might be. I am open to it, but really want to know if it is worth the cost difference when compared to some of the other hotels in Tofino. I have been looking at the Long Beach Resort, Middle Beach Lodge and possibly Pacific Sands Resort. Pacific Sands may be a little too condo feeling for me.

I like lodge like hotels that have nice hotel grounds to wonder around on, little trails, good views from hotel room, clean rooms, nice bathrooms with deep bathtub, cozy restaurant not too high end (meaning affordable), complimentary coffee or coffee maker in room, I hate hotels that make you buy coffee in the mornings. I don’t mind spending a higher amount of money for the right hotel but if there is not much differences in hotels, I would rather stay at a more affordable hotel than per say the Wickaninnish Inn.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
15,212 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Tofino

Look at Black Rock Inn in Ucluelet.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,642 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Tofino

Why compromise on your dream? You found it and dreamt it (or is it dreamed it), now go get it. The economic difference is peanuts over the cost of your year's vacation.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,307 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Tofino

Personally I agree with Alegre. Go for it. But if you have doubts then read on ...

Sorry cbaarch, but I think the Black Rock will be too dark and modern designed to meet the OP's requirements.

The Beach Houses at Pacific Sands might be the perfect compromise for you. They have nice hot tubs, good views of Cox Bay (request one at the southernish end that has an open water view) and are next door to the good restaurant at the Long Beach Lodge.

pacificsands.com/accommodation/beach_houses/…

Middle Beach Lodge is probably more to your liking but save for the restaurant at the Tin-Wis there is not a restaurant on McKenzie Beach.

Or you could try the Osprey Beach Suite. Set back a bit from the water, next to the Wick and owned by one of the owners of the Wick, this beautiful suite might be the ticket for you. Lovely hot tub on the deck. Private. Gorgeous home. The suite is fiscally attached to the Osprey Beach House and there is an adjoining door to the house through the suite that may let in some noise from the guests in the house, but that, IMHO, would be the only possible drawback.

tofinovr.com/site/…osprey_beach_suite.html

All the above include coffee :)

Happy planning!

Squamish, B.C.
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Tofino

Fantastically wide range of options available for you - a good place to start is with the accommodation selector at Tourism Tofino www.tourismtofino.com/all-accommodations… where you can choose some of the features and amenities important to you.

You didn't indicate when you would be visiting Tofino, but off season stormwatching rates November - March can be surprisingly affordable at most properties.

I'm personally hooked on the beachfront cabins at Crystal Cove tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154942-d182502-… - I think the only thing missing from your list there would be an on site restaurant.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Tofino

We stayed at the Long Beach Lodge and also the Wickaninnish Inn. We liked the Long Beach Lodge so much better. The Long Beach Lodge had a good view of the ocean, comfortable room but what we really liked was that the the staff were so friendly. We had the feeling that they enjoyed working there...definitely would stay there again.

I wouldn't recommend the Wickaninnish Inn though it seems a number of people like it. The view of the waves was nice and the room OK but due to a few unfortunate circumstances on the part of the hotel, I wouldn't recommend it nor do I think it's worth the cost.

Regards,

L4

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
73 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Tofino

Thank you for the helpful advice! I decided to stay with my original choice the Wickaninnish Inn. I just couldn't resist. :)

Edited: 18 April 2014, 14:19
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,307 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Tofino

Enjoy your visit to Tofino and your experience at the Wick!

Palmerston North...
Level Contributor
31 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Tofino

How did you get on at staying at Wickaninnish Inn? We were looking at staying there in June 2015.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,566 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels in Tofino

rachelle ~

malyco's reviews for her stay in Tofino are here. (Click on her user name, then "Reviews" at the left side.)

www.tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/malyko

Check out the Wick on the 5th and Black Rock on the 6th.

10. Re: Hotels in Tofino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2016, 06:16