We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plaza 500

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
471 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Plaza 500

Has anyone ever stayed here? One time when I used priceline I bid 45 and got the renissance by the water. This time I was expecting the coast hotel because that is what everyone seemed to be getting. I tried asking for advice at betterbidding but the administrator banned me for reasons known and understood in her mind. Anyways, I got Plaza 500. I have never heard of it but am beyond concerned because it looks like it is not in actual downtown vancouver and is instead next to a hospital. I had a reservation for 135 at the hilton but wanted to save money and now it looks like because I bid 45 instead of something like 60 I will be spending money that I was trying to save and time which I didn't have to waste on taxi rides. Has anyone ever stayed here?

bc_canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plaza 500

hi.. i haven't stayed at the Plaza 500 but it is not in a bad location. The Plaza 500 is right across from our City Hall. The Plaza 500 just renovated and reopened their restaurant, now called Figmint, and its supposed to be very good.

BUT... there is heavy construction in the area. They are building a LRT line along Cambie (where the Plaza 500 is) from the Airport to downtown Vancouver. They just completed bridges over the intersection, but there is still heavy traffic congestion along Cambie Street.

You may not need to take taxis.. a bus travels down Cambie to the downtown area..There is also LRT construction downtown, so the bus uses an alternate route, with fewer stops, but you ultimately get downtown.

Also, the Plaza 500 may have a courtesy shuttle to get you downtown. You may want to phone them and ask.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,572 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plaza 500

don't fret. The Plaza as explained is downtown but not right in the core center of things. Lots of restaraunts and shops in the immediate area so I think its ok. I also routinely got the Harbourside for around $45 but I stay there on business and they said they raised the minumum to about $90. Last time I bid $45 I got the Crown Plaza or the Ramada. It may not be as convenient but when you go out for the day you will most likely come back only to sleep for a while.

3. Re: Plaza 500

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 20:16