We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vancouver Acquarium

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
471 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
vancouver Acquarium

Has anyone ever done the animal encounters or the trainer tour? if so, what are they like and would you reccommend them?

Vancouver Foodie Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Cultural Tours, City Tours
Tour Guys Vancouver
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
SKY Helicopters Inc.
Helicopter Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours
Discover Canada Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
Alberta
Level Contributor
319 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vancouver Acquarium

I am not sure what the "animal encounters" are, but if the description is a behind the scenes tour to see the animals that aren't on display, then I would recommend it. The aquarium is a great place with so much more to see than just the large animal displays.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
361 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vancouver Acquarium

When some friends were visiting us their teenagers did the "trainer for a day" or whatever it is program and loved it. They got to interact with the whales and help with feeding, etc.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
194 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vancouver Acquarium

We're visiting in June and intend to do the whale encounter. It sounds brilliant.

Regards

Theresa

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: vancouver Acquarium

I did the whale encounter a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time - you go behind the scenes, prepare food, learn more about the animals and the issues facing the animals in the wild, go into the habitat and interact with the whales - and end up getting thoroughly soaked (I believe this is optional) when the whales splash you (and its major splashing) - I also did the sea otter trainer tour which involves feeding the sea otters for around 20 mins as well as more info about them.

I thoroughly recommend both encounters and you also get a cd of photos the staff take of your encounter with the whales (as you cannot take your camera into the habitat).

5. Re: vancouver Acquarium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 16:17