We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flies in British Columbia?????

Washington DC
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flies in British Columbia?????

Hi there,

I am going to BC (Vancouver) in May. Some one told me there is a problem with flies in BC - from what I heard swarms of flies. Have you heard anything like that? I coul dnot find such a thing anywhere on the internet.

Thanks

Port Alberni, Canada
Level Contributor
349 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flies in British Columbia?????

no flies on me mate.( favorite ausie saying).how is your leg somebody is pulling it. the only time you would see swarmes of flies would be at the garbage dump or on a dead animal.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,459 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flies in British Columbia?????

You mght find swarms of black flies up in the bush in north..in the summer...more likely to find mosquitos there though in the summer..but in lower mainland no more flies than usual odd one here and there

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flies in British Columbia?????

THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!Pull up into any fast food outlet and they ask "Do you want flies with that?"Ok Ok,poor attempt at humour.

As other posters said in the sothern part of BC not a problem.Up north there can be serious mosquito issues and in Northern Alberta I've been around some areas where the Horse flies are nasty.

Washington DC
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flies in British Columbia?????

Thanks for all your respones. I guess I can return the mosquito net I bought to go hiking...:)

5. Re: Flies in British Columbia?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 02:18