We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vancouver hotels - fitness facilities

Winnipeg, MB
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
vancouver hotels - fitness facilities

i will be in vancouver june 2-6th for a conference at the convention centre and am in the process of selecting a hotel. there are several that are ofering special rates for our event but my biggest concern is the fitness facility since i will be spending a lot of down time there.

i am considering the hyatt regency, the sheraton wall centre, delta suites and the fairmount. any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vancouver hotels - fitness facilities

The best fitness facility I have ever used in a hotel is in the Sutton Place Hotel

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vancouver hotels - fitness facilities

Many of the hotels that don't have their own fitness room offer passes to a nearby facility. That's not as convenient, but there are several good facilities in downtown Vancouver. They aren't always obvious because many are in leased space on an upper floor of a commercial building.

What kind of workouts will you be doing? The city itself is great for jogging/running, especially along the waterfront or in Stanley Park. The 2 most convenient indoor lap pools are at the YWCA at 535 Hornby St and at the Vancouver Aquatic Center at 1050 Beach Av, beneath the Burrard St Bridge. If you do yoga, there are more studios than you can count, especially for Bikram.

Winnipeg, MB
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vancouver hotels - fitness facilities

i'm basically looking for a decent weight room with a variety of cardio machines. i hope to do some jogging in the areas that you mentioned but if my meetings run late, i'm not likely to go out on my own, so it would be nice to have some cardio options at the hotel.

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vancouver hotels - fitness facilities

While you are there, sunset will be at 9:10pm and later and sunrise at 5:11am and earlier. The days won't be that much shorter than those in Winnipeg in June. I don't know about you, but if I were in meetings that much of the time, I would want to be outside for as much of my workout as possible. <grin>

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vancouver hotels - fitness facilities

One more thing - downtown Vancouver is anything but desolate, even late into the evening, so unless you are jogging on isolated trails in Stanley Park, it is quite safe. Of course, some streets are too crowded for running, but there are numerous other routes, such as the sea wall path along False Creek.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vancouver hotels - fitness facilities

Cannon - I haven't stayed there yet, but am planning to stay at the Sheraton Wall Ctr with my husband this summer. I read one review that said that the fitness facility/pool is an extra charge. I don't know if there is truth to this, but it wouldn't hurt to find out. if you call the hotel.

:o)

Vancouver
Level Contributor
361 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vancouver hotels - fitness facilities

The Four Seasons has a lot of good cardio equipment in their gym and also a pool that is half inside/half outside, it's pretty cool. Each of the treadmills have their own t.v. They also, as most hotels downtown will, can give you a running map. Staying downtown you are close to the seawall which is great for a jog before or after work.

8. Re: vancouver hotels - fitness facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 10:18