We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Reservations

new york state
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ferry Reservations

My trip from Vancouver to Victoria is during the 3rd week of July. How far in advance should I book the ferry to get the time I want (I will have a car). Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,245 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Reservations

On a weekend in July I would reserve a few weeks ahead of time, just to make sure you're booking the exact hour you want. Chances are you can book even the day before, but usually the prime sailings are already booked for weekends. That doesn't mean you couldn't just drive up to the terminal and get on that way, it just means you wouldn't get a reservation for the hour you want. Only a small percentage of spots on the ferry are reserved - the rest of the ferry is first come first serve.

If it's for a weekday sailing, I'd recommend booking a few days before. And as I said, you can always chance it and book the day before.

2. Re: Ferry Reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 02:17