We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30th Anniversary Trip

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
30th Anniversary Trip

I'm doing some research on Vancouver for my parents 30th anniversary. I don't even know where to begin. What area should they look to stay in? They want a condo, so I'll look on vrbo.com. What's the weather like in July?

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30th Anniversary Trip

As far as an area to stay in ,the more i go the more I'm liking Yaletown.My last 4 or 5 trips that is where i have stayed and I really like the vibe.Close to everything,great restaurants,pubs.Good food shopping.You can take the mini ferry to Granville Island.Walk up Robson etc.Also a good variety of accommodations.

Lots on construction though,all over the city.

Weather in July is usually very pleasant

Vancouver
Level Contributor
361 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 30th Anniversary Trip

I would suggest the West End area of Vancouver, around English Bay. This will put them in walking distance to lots of restaurants and shops and also right next door to Stanley Park and the ocean. The previous poster suggested Yaletown, an area that I love, but it is a very trendy part of the city -- but maybe not what a couple celebrating their 30th anniversary are looking for. Depending on the length of their stay, you may want to consider something like the Times Square which has a kitchen and is very centrally located. Check out previous posts to questions asked about things to do while in Vancouver.

3. Re: 30th Anniversary Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 01:18