We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Tsawwassen terminal?

Germany
Level Contributor
123 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Tsawwassen terminal?

We are planning a trip to Victoria from Vancouver sometime within the next week and are considering driving to Tsawwassen terminal and leaving our car there. Does anyone know if there are safe parking facilities at the terminal? We will probably be staying overnight assuming we can find accomodations at this late point.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can make!

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Tsawwassen terminal?

Yes there is safe parking at the terminal,for more info www.bcferries.com

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Tsawwassen terminal?

Is there any particular reason you wish to leave the car and not take it with you?

The reason I ask is that once on board the ferry, you will still need to purchase bus tickets to get from the Victoria ferry terminal to downtown Victoria. The last time I checked, it was $25/adult (i.e. $50 return). This does not include the price of the ferry ticket for walk-on passengers.

It may be cheaper to drive the car (unless you plan on using public transit) to get into Victoria, In addition, you'd have the convenience to drive to wherever you want and not be confined to the downtown area.

Germany
Level Contributor
123 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Tsawwassen terminal?

Thanks for the replies islandrocking and ellie50. Actually we came to the same conclusion that it would be easier to just take the car with us. Someone mentioned that school vacation is starting or has started here. Do you know anything about that? Will it mean a lot more traffic for the ferries and more tourists in Victoria?

The weather looks good for the next few days so I think we will just try our luck and drive to the ferry terminal tomorrow morning. If we can't find accomodations in Victoria we can always return in the evening.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Tsawwassen terminal?

Yes, school is out for the summer. But I don't think it makes that much difference. Tourist season runs May to September regardless. It should be less busy if you're traveling mid-week versus the weekend.

Germany
Level Contributor
123 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at Tsawwassen terminal?

Thanks ellie50! We're off this morning to try our luck. I'll report when we return.

Level Contributor
35 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking at Tsawwassen terminal?

I checked that bus transfer price more recently, and it's actually 12.50 one way, or 25.00 return. Might make a difference in that decision?

Germany
Level Contributor
123 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking at Tsawwassen terminal?

We went to Victoria this past Wednesday and ended up just taking the car. It turned out to be a good decision. Everything is extremely well organized at the ferry terminals and we had no wait even though we didn't have a reservation. It's also very easy to drive to and from both terminals into town. We spent two days in Victoria and enjoyed it very much!

8. Re: Parking at Tsawwassen terminal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 07:18