We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick 3

Florida
Level Contributor
715 posts
Save Topic
Pick 3

I know I'm asking an impossible question, but give it your best shot. If you had to choose the 3 best restaurants in Vancouver, what would they be? I have a serious sweet tooth, so the desserts need to be superb. Please, take the challenge & help us decide where to eat next month. Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
243 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pick 3

There are lots of excellent restaurants in Vancouver. What you like depends upon personal preference. Here are some of my own favourites, all of which are always very well reviewed.

Italian: Il gardino.

Steak: Gothams.

Seafood: The Cannery.

General menu: Bishops. Don't let my description "general menu" put you off. I don't know how else to describe it.

Indian (the sub continent) Vijis.

European: The William Tell.

I haven't been to La Orangerie or Lumiere but they are both supposed to be excellent.

Of these for the best desserts I would guess Bishops, or the William Tell whose owners are Swiss.

Keith

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pick 3

I really enjoyed my dinner at Parkside not too long ago (www.parksiderestaurant.ca) - their menu changes daily, and their desserts were superb. However... Vancouver has so much choice for restaurants, it's kind of like asking somebody what their favourite 3 songs in the whole wide world are... (do you mean rock, pop, classical, jazz, etc?

Recently Vancouver Magazine published their 16th annual Vancouver Restaurant Awards, and the information complete with top 5 lists is online. There are several dozen different categories, but you'll notice some of the same restaurants listed. Check out the "best last course" category, as these were rated highly for their desserts:

www.vanmag.com/16th/restaurant_awards.html

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pick 3

.. forgot to mention, Zin Restaurant is one of my personal favourites... it's one of Vancouver's better restaurants... I always enjoy their desserts because they're usually really inventive and delicious! http://www.zin-restaurant.com/ - their menu is online. (Same with the Parkside list I gave you).

Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pick 3

my top three would have to be (in no particular order): gotham steakhouse, c restaurant, the cannery

and coming in not to far behind: cardero's, fish house in stanley park, bin 941/942

but really, it depends on what type of food you are looking for... (most of my faves are seafood... but thats a personal preference)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pick 3

Lumiere, C and I will throw in Chambor for fun.

Vancouver, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pick 3

I recently recommended Lumiere to a couple of out of town guests and they were amazed by the food and the service.

Vij's is some of the best Indian food that you will find anywhere, just be prepared to wait. They don't take reservations and unless you arrive early the wait can be up to 2 hours. Fortunately, there are a lot of shops in the neighourhood to pass the time.

C is good for seafood and although I don't mind the Cannery, it is a bit out of the downtown area.

seattle
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pick 3

I agree with BC Robin -- Zin is fantastic!! Eat bite an experience, each dish a work of art.