We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Miami to Vancouver

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Miami to Vancouver

Hi,

I am going to Miami in on November 1st flying from London and returning from boston on the 18th November.

I am thinking of going to visit a friend in Vancouver for about 6 days during my stay and want some advice on getting good cheap airfares I am currently being quoted $400-600 dollars?

Would it be possible to fly to seatle and then just cross the border there?

And where to stay and good restaurants and shopping and whats there to see?

Many thanks for your help

Jase

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,778 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Miami to Vancouver

The prices as quoted are competitive.

You can certainly fly MIA-SEA for less but once you factor in the time spent in transfers and border crossing delays-both directions-there is little net benefit.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,308 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Miami to Vancouver

look at alaskaair.com for some airfares to both seattle and Vancouver.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Miami to Vancouver

As strange as this sounds look at air-gorilla.com. I just booked Jacksonville Florida to San Francisco and my return is Vancouver to Jacksonville in May 08 for $460.00

Milwaukee,WI.
Level Contributor
414 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Miami to Vancouver

Try flying into Seattle,it is usually cheaper then you take the 4-5-hour QuickShuttle bus coach. It stops at Blaine ,Washington unloads luggage on conveyor you depart bus walk inside customs bldg. then reclaim luggage 12 ft. then are waived to customs official who will ask different questions. just be polite and do not joke around,you may be asked to prove your intentions in Canada like tourist or business and for your intinerary.

5. Re: Travel from Miami to Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 06:20