We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in Tofino - need recommendations on where to stay

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
54 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights in Tofino - need recommendations on where to stay

Planning to spend 2 nights in Tofino this July. Never been to the area before and looking for lodging close to the beach. Has anyone stayed at Middle Beach lodge? Website looks nice. Any recommendations? Thanks

Bourne, Lincs...
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights in Tofino - need recommendations on where to stay

We stayed at the Tide's Inn Bed and Breakfast. It has a small cove at the bottom of the garden. And several walks to other near by beaches.

Breakfast's were excellent. You won't need lunch. and the view from the Hot tub amazing

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
54 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights in Tofino - need recommendations on where to stay

Many thanks to a friend from the UK!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights in Tofino - need recommendations on where to stay

stayed last time at Crystal Cove....charming little chalets some with hot tub, beach at your door step...fireplace, fridge stove, etc....nice little place. see if you can rent in south chesterman beach area, although a couple of years ago this area was shut down by city council re; too many renters.

you may also want to post this on the Vancouver Island or Tofino board

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights in Tofino - need recommendations on where to stay

I've stayed at Middle Beach 5 times since it first opened back in the mid-90s, and it's still my favorite place to stay in Tofino. I'm very familiar with the different accommodations there--which room/cabin type are you considering?

You should really go for at least 3 nights however--2 nights, 1 full day just is not enough time, IMO.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,792 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights in Tofino - need recommendations on where to stay

Middle Beach is excellent. The two ocean facing rooms above the "living room" are spectacular.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
54 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 nights in Tofino - need recommendations on where to stay

Many thanks - changed my stay to 3 nights at your suggestions, but at a B & B, not Middle Beach Lodge as they had limited availability. Again my thanks to all.

Denver
Level Contributor
16 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 nights in Tofino - need recommendations on where to stay

Do you know or remember cabin numbers with the best views -- or lodge rooms?

Tx.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 nights in Tofino - need recommendations on where to stay

Admiralnelsonden, do you mean Middle Beach? If so, I've stayed in most of the room/cabin types there. Which ones are you considering, and at which lodge (beach or headlands)?

Denver
Level Contributor
16 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 nights in Tofino - need recommendations on where to stay

Hi, Northwest Wanderer:

Yes, I am interested in Middle Beach. I hadn't narrowed it to headlands or lodge yet, because I'm looking for some expert advice. How would the rooms/views in the two places differ in general and, in your opinion, are there certain standout rooms I should be aware of? If there's a "hidden gem" of a room -- or one to avoid -- I'd love to know.

P.S. Northwest Wanderer, thanks for all the great advise you provide on this site!

M

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 nights in Tofino - need recommendations on where to stay

Oh, of course, it's my pleasure!

Ok--you saw my post from yesterday about where it's situated, and presumably you've looked at the website photos, right? I think it really depends on your budget and since you are looking for moderate prices, I won't recommend my favorite, #55 since that's the most expensive cabin type. The Headlands Suites (30, 31) also have great views but again they are towards the top end of the price range. #25 at the Beach has a particularly nice view I think but again, may be more than your budget. But I've been happy with all the rooms I've stayed in--I prefer the ones on the lower floor with the balcony at the beach. Keep in mind too that there are views from the great rooms at both lodges as well.

The only ones to really avoid are the upper floor triplex units at the headlands, and of course the forest facing ones at the beach won't have a view.

Probably the first thing to find out is, what's available for your dates?