We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hooters & Walmart in Vancouver

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
west yorkshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Hooters & Walmart in Vancouver

Firstly I'll keep the husband happy, is there a hooters in vancouver, (fingers crossed for positive answer)

secondly we are going on an alaskan cruise & are staying in the fairmont waterfront for 1 night only. We are from the uk & have started to buy my toiletries etc at walmart upon my arrival in the states. I believe the nearest walmart is 30 mins from hotel. Do you have any idear how much this would be in a taxi or could I get these items elsewhere nearer the hotel.

Any help greatefully received.

Thanks

Chez

:-)

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,871 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hooters & Walmart in Vancouver

The two Vancouver Hooters didn't last and are now gone. We have Cactus Club though. They won't disappoint. The closest are one new one in Yaletown and another on Robson St. Earls is similar and worth a visit. There are two of them nearby too. Walmart is in North Van and $15/17 plus 10% tip by taxi. Suggest you visit London Drugs on Robson St. which just happens to be underneath Earls and across the street from a Cactus Club.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,016 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hooters & Walmart in Vancouver

I agree - London Drugs would make a lot more sense, and it's walking distance from your hotel (corner of Georgia and Granville). Even the Bay department store which happens to be across the street from the London Drugs has a good shop in their basement which sells toiletries, snacks. Their deli (which is also on their basement floor) just in case the craving arises, has all kinds of British pies - Melton Mowbray, Scotch pies, steak & kidney, Cornish pasty, etc. which you probably wouldn't find as easily elsewhere during your trip. :)

You could even check out Shoppers Drug Mart which is smaller than London Drugs (more similar to Boots in the UK) - they have locations on Pender & Granville, and Dunsmuir & Howe which are both walking distance from the hotel.

I also like the idea of Cactus Club or Earl's where waitresses are hired for their Hooters good looks.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,108 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hooters & Walmart in Vancouver

Going on vacation and looking for a Hooter’s and a Wal-Mart…Sound’s like a Jeff Foxworthy joke…

“Y’all might be a redneck if…”

Sorry, couldn’t help myself !

Best Regards

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hooters & Walmart in Vancouver

Id visit Cactus and Id also go and visit (for a beer!) something like one of the many strip bars that vancouver is famous for - its an eye opener and a little bit of fun.... Cecils anyone?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hooters & Walmart in Vancouver

london drugs on robson has pretty competitive prices.

hooters substitutions....earl's or cactus club...not nearly as crass as hooters though. if you want the bare facts, head to the Cecil Hotel (before the wrecking ball) or maybe Brandy's show lounge.

ciao

6. Re: Hooters & Walmart in Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 16:20