We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a week in Vancouver

Pembrokeshire...
Level Contributor
258 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
a week in Vancouver

We're coming to Vancouver to renew our us visas at the consulate later this month.

We'll have our 6 month old Son with us and are looking for all the best sights.

Is there enough to do in Vancouver without a car for a week?

I've booked a condo at the Sutton Place hotel for the first 2 nights and am thinking of the Pan Pacific for the rest if the price is right.

Any other suggestions on waterfront under $170p/n? This is the current price for Pan Pacific.

I would also like to see some tribal art and buy a few (not too pricey)prints. Any suggestions for best stores/markets?

Thanks!

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,437 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a week in Vancouver

I'm surprised no one answered. You will not do better than either Sutton or Pan Pacific especially at your Pan Pacific rate. Hotels are sneaky with rates, for example my negotiated corporate rate at one of the city's only 5 star hotels is $149 all year. The rack rate is double that. With the right word choice direct callers achieve a similar rate. (of course I cannot give out access to my corporate rate). You will not need a car and the combination of public transit, tour shuttles and taxi will be more fun and less expensive that to rent and park. You'll see aboriginal work in a few places around town and should hold off buying until near the end of your week. The first place to price things is in touristy Gastown a few hundred yards from the Pan Pacific.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a week in Vancouver

probably not. I would rent a car and do some day trips or even go over to victoria or up to whistler for a couple of days. Whistler is high season now, Victoria no.

for aboriginal art, go to granville island, there are a number of stores specializing in aboriginal art, even some farther down on robson...(i think)

granville island market is just that...so enjoy. closer to your hotel, hit Caper's Market (on Robson and Broughton or Urban Fare (Bute Street)

3. Re: a week in Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 05:27