We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunshine Coast Resort vs. Rock Water Secret Cove Resort

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sunshine Coast Resort vs. Rock Water Secret Cove Resort

Wondering if anyone familiar with the sunshine coast would have a recommendation on which of these places to stay for an R&R weekend (R&R = rain & red wine in my book) this spring? Also open to other suggestions but generally not into places with "Inn" or "Motel" in the name and on-site spa is preferable. Based on reviews would not stay in the cabins at Rock Water but wondering what the tent houses are like this time of year. Anyone been? Also any area restaurant recommendations.. would be much appreciated.

Sara

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,028 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunshine Coast Resort vs. Rock Water Secret Cove Resort

Not a lot to chooose between the two in terms of location both are smack on the side of a steep hill above a rocky shore, Sunshine Coast Resort having the better views.

Interesting to see Yurts now being called 'tent houses'.

Restaurants in the area are rather....how shall we put it....unadventurous at best-take your own groceries.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunshine Coast Resort vs. Rock Water Secret Cove Resort

Oh my... Starting to sound like I'm better off staying home. I went to Sechelt a few years back, maybe I will just stick with that. I was hoping for a gem off the beaten path. Thanks for the info...

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunshine Coast Resort vs. Rock Water Secret Cove Resort

Stayed at the Sunshine Coast a couple of year ago and loved it.Different rooms for different prices.Like Sam said Good views.

IMO a nice place for a weekend of red wine,book,rain.

4. Re: Sunshine Coast Resort vs. Rock Water Secret Cove Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 08:19