We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SmartVisit Vancouver card

Toronto, Ontario
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
SmartVisit Vancouver card

Hi,

Would like to know if buying the 3-day or 5-day visit Smartvisit is a good deal.

Thanks

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,488 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: SmartVisit Vancouver card

Consensus is that it's poor value.

The last time I posted about this the person who runs the operation sent me a nasty email defending himself-let's see if history repeats itself(!)

Maiden Gully...
Level Contributor
19 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SmartVisit Vancouver card

I have been thinking of getting one because then you don't have to pay for entry into individual attractions, you save time lining up and you get free tours. It sounds like a pretty good deal. I have bought these cards before when i have travelled overseas and they saved me alot of time, money and hassle and i was able to enjoy the various attractions for a longer time. I went to lots of places i wouldn't normally have gone. Also in London when i bought the LondonPass i got some really good free gifts. I think it is worth considering.

Nadia

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,181 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SmartVisit Vancouver card

I can say from first hand experience that it depends. You either need to cram lots in to each day, or do only the most expensive choices. I successfully did the former and lived to tell about it. ;)

You should look over the choices, their costs, and what it is you would most likely do. If the math is right go for it. I used the 3-day card with day 3 being Victoria. One major plus is they fully disclose the places and the savings on their website. Another is you can pick up the card at the airport on arrival.

The only hassle I had trying to use it was at BC Place Stadium for a Lions game, which I don't recommend trying. Some employees of the smaller places weren't familiar with how to process it, but all went well in the end. Especially nice at the Aquarium bypassing the large lineup to get in.

As noted it's more convenient to use this card than to have to pay at each individual place.

4. Re: SmartVisit Vancouver card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 12:19