We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nurse's reunion May 2009

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nurse's reunion May 2009

I would like suggestions for a hotel that would suit a group of 40 nurses for a 35th year reunion in Vancouver or nearby. I would like to have a dinner catered so the hotel needs a nice restaurant. Any suggestions?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
818 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nurse's reunion May 2009

Hi Waltomare,

Will you be visiting any of the hospitals so we can put you within walking distance if it applies.

For a large groups or business meetings the Delta Hotels, including the one Downtown Vancouver is solid.

Will you need meeting rooms or social rooms in the hotel?

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,021 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nurse's reunion May 2009

Consider having a local restaurant cater your party-hotels here aren't known for fine dining, more like pre-cooked/then frozen/micro waved assembly line 'cuisine'.

What sort of food are you looking for-this place is spoiled for choice.

www.dinehere.ca for more info

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nurse's reunion May 2009

I'm gonna have to disagree with sam about hotel catering.. some of the better hotels have pretty good food. I've had some pretty good in house catered functions with the Pan Pac and Four Seasons. Mind you, hotel prices are higher than going to a restaurant so if budget is an issue, go elsewhwere. Other hotels such as Delta, Sutton Plate, Wall Center, Westin have decent food.

The question is do you want to dine in the hotel restaurant or do you want to dine in their meeting space/ballroom with catering? Food in the restaurant is better than catering. Diva at the Metropolitan Hotel and Yew at the Four Seasons are the only restaurants in hotels that actually have top notch food.

That all being said.... I do agree with the previous poster that it's better to go out to a restaurant. Better food, better prices and more ambience. Certainly no reason to dine in a hotel unless you have to.

Places like Blue Water Cafe and La Terrazza have private wine rooms that can hold 40 people. Menu at Blue Water is around $60-$65 for a 3 course, La Terrazza is about $55-$60 to start. Coast in Yaletown has a mezzanine for 40 and more, group menu's start around $45-$50. Seasons at QE Park has a private Gazebo that sits up to 60. If you're not looking for a private room, there's plenty of other options.

vancouver
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nurse's reunion May 2009

Thanks for all of your information. We don't need to dine in the same hotel that we are staying in so your info on restaurants is very helpful. I was inquiring at the Hampton Inn and Suites but their restaurant isn't big enough. They also recommended going to a bigger restaurant for dinner.

The Hampton Inn gets good reviews on TI - has anybody been there with a group?

Thanks again.

5. Re: Nurse's reunion May 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 19:25