We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RE:Marriott Pinacle hotel

Toronto
Level Contributor
348 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
RE:Marriott Pinacle hotel

Could anybody give me there opinion of this property?Wife and I will be visiting Vancouver for the first time for 4 day's at the end of Nov. We want to be a short walk or cab ride away from the partying downtown.Wine, dine,and partying around the city.We love good food of all ethnicitie's.We want a good hotel with view'sof the water and mountain's if possible, in a central area of town,I am going to spend around $200.00 a night.It will be our first time,we hope a memorable one!

TIA,Cheer's

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,042 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RE:Marriott Pinacle hotel

there is this property and the Marriott Rennaissance across the street. The Pinnacle is rated higher however the rooms are smaller than across the street. Both have views but with new condos being built in front you have to make sure you get an unobstructed view. The location is in a quiet area of downtown near the harbor. Its only a few block walk to Robson st. and you are very close to Gastown and other eating areas. Its very nice place to stay.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: RE:Marriott Pinacle hotel

I stayed at the Pinnacle a couple of years ago, when it was still operating under the Delta marque. I thought it was way too good to be a Delta, and shortly after, it converted to Marriott. Bedroom was luxurious and huge, with floor to ceiling, and wall to wall windows.

Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: RE:Marriott Pinacle hotel

It is a beautiful hotel -- I think that you will be quite satisfied there.

As davidgmg pointed out, there is also the Renaissance across the street -- it is an older hotel, but still fabulous... and as it is on the closer side to the ocean, you may have a better chance with views.

Which ever one you chose, I am sure you will have a spectacular stay!

Boston...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: RE:Marriott Pinacle hotel

We just got back from a trip to Vancouver & Whistler. While in Vancouver, we stayed at the Rennaisance first before heading up to Whistler, and then staying at the Pinnacle before returning home.

Making an "apples to apples" comparison between the Pinnacle and the Rennaisance (since they are both Marriott properties), in my opinion, the Rennaisance wins hands down.

Views - The Rennaisance is on the waterside and with the balconies one can actually go out and see, fell & smell the bay. The Pinnacle's views are somewhat obstructed.

Pool - The pool was great in the Rennaisance. It was on the harbour side of the hotel, so one could still lounge by the pool and watch the seaplanes & cruise ships go by. The pool in the Pinnacle has 4 walls around the pool. The Rennaisance also had a small kiddie play area by the pool.

Staff - Though friendly when in actual "contact" with staff members at both hotels, the Rennaisance hotel staff tried much harder to please you. When we arrived, at the Rennaisance, we were immediately met & greated and bags were immediately taken out of the car and we were also promply given the tags by the valet. When we arrived at the Pinnacle, no one was there, so we actually had to find a cart & load the bags ourselves. It must have been at least 6-7 minutes. Half way to the elevators, a bellman came up to us and took our luggage to the room. When we got our car each day, the Rennaisance valet would always ask if we needed directions to our destinations. No such luck at the Pinnacle.

In the restaurant, the food quality was about the same but once again the staff shinned through at the Rennaisance. After being seated at the Pinnacle, we waited while the wait staff buzzed by - confusion on whose station we sat at perhaps? In the Rennaisance, as soon as we sat, coffee & juice were poured and we all even got fruit smoothies.

Kids under 6 at the Rennaisance had free breakfast at the Rennaisance. It was a "reduced" rate at the Pinnacle.

Rooms - The rooms at the Pinnacle were newer than the Rennaisance. I would say the size between them were about the same, but due to shape of the Pinnacle, it seemed as though the Rennaisance was larger because the rooms in the Pinnacle had the curved shape of the building. But once again, with a balcony right above the water, despite the construction of the condos, it was a better atmostphere than the Pinnacle.

In summary, if I was on a business trip to Vancouver, I would pick the Pinnacle, but on vacation - the Rennaisance. Just as a profile, we are a family of 4 with 2 toddlers under 6.