We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Transat Airline

Lancs UK
Level Contributor
534 posts
248 reviews
Save Topic
Air Transat Airline

we are shortly travelling with this airline and have heard such terrible reviews about them.Rude staff etc etc----has anyone travelled with them and are they really that bad?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Transat Airline

They are not really that bad.

The seats are rather close together but most airlines that offer lower prices are a little cramped for space. Friends just returned from Scotland on Air Transat and though the flight wasn't first class, no one was rude, the food was okay and with what they saved on 4 tickets, they rented a van for a week. Pretty good when you look at it like that.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,271 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Transat Airline

Yes, travelled with them last year from Manchester to Calgary and back to Manchr from Vancouver. Excellent, no problem, good staff, and on time (early arrival even). I would use them again, particularly as their prices are good.

The only downside is the cramped seating (but no worse than other lower cost airlines). If there's only two of you, and the layout is as it was for us (check their website) book the seats towards the back - the plane narrows there and you can get two seats (window & isle) with a slightly wider isle next to you in which you can stretch your legs. (It's a bit noisier behind the engines, but we like all the space we can get).

Lancs UK
Level Contributor
534 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Transat Airline

thanks so much for this info-------you really have put my mind at rest-------I can now get on with looking forward to the holiday and stop worrying about the flight!!!!!11

new york
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Transat Airline

Me too.. We have a flight on ATA in October 10/15 to 10/22.

I've never flown on ATA and was a little worried.

Since we'll be jumping on three of their filights going and coming, we'll get to know them very well .

Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Transat Airline

I travelled with them a few years back (so not sure how current my review is):

I had no problems with them -- nice enough staff (even brought me kleenex and extra gingerale when I had a cold while flying). My only complaint is that there is not a whole lot of space around your seat (I am short so didnt bother me that much, but I travelled with a rather tall friend who found it uncomfortable and cramped).

Southampton, Uk
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Transat Airline

Hi jax11ard

Never flown Air Transat, so can't comment.

What i will say is if you do go back to Canada and i expect you will when you see how beautiful it is.

Try Canadian Affair excellent service, check in great, food good. Prices great for us seeing as sometimes five of us go.

Have used them four times in all, flew with them this year, good flight as usual. We also book car hire through them and that has always been a good experience as well.

Regards Diamark

Also booked car hire through them