We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Coquitlam to Harrison Hot Springs- Help Needed!

Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Coquitlam to Harrison Hot Springs- Help Needed!

Hi,

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I am coming to Vancouver for a couple of weeks in a few days time and I am getting seriously confused about transport!

I need to travel from Coquitlam to HHS- preferably by bus. I have found a bus route from Chilliwack to HHS but can't find a link between Coquilam and Chilliwack. I have tried the translink site but to no avail. Can anyone help me??

Failing that, how much roughly would a cab cost for the entire journey?

Many thanks in advance.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Coquitlam to Harrison Hot Springs- Help Needed!

Cab fare would be very high, IMHO. I don't belive Translink goes out as far as Chilliwack but you can get a Greyhound bus from Coquitlam to Chilliwack. http://www.greyhound.ca

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
28,005 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Coquitlam to Harrison Hot Springs- Help Needed!

Catch a Greyhound bus - there's a station in Coquitlam (near the border with New West). I don't know if they go out to HHS, but I know they stop in Chilliwack. You could also look at the West Coast Express train on the Translink Website. It has a very limited schedule and will only get you as far as Mission, but it might be another option to look at. I don't know what your options might be for getting from Mission out to HHS. This is a very car dependent society and interurban transit options are limited.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Coquitlam to Harrison Hot Springs- Help Needed!

The West Coast Express is a commuter service and only goes eastbound in the evening. They do have a train bus service which goes to mission on the weekend. This is a bus that is like the one from greyhound. Your best option would be to rent a car and drive yourself there.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,343 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Coquitlam to Harrison Hot Springs- Help Needed!

Your best bet if you don't want to rent a car is to take the greyhound bus from Coquitlam to Chilliwack then tke a cab to Harrison Hot Springs... or take the local bus depending on your arrival time.

The Coquitlam bus depot is by Ikea off the Lougheed Hwy and distance from Chilliwack to Harrison is about 20 km or 15 minute drive so cab fare shouldn't be exhorbitant. Buses run very frequently.

The following link also conects to greyhound

http://members.shaw.ca/harrisonhotsprings/

I am assuming you may be here for the Lacrosse if so the bus depot is across town from Coq Centre where the tournament is being held..about a 15 minute cab ride

Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Coquitlam to Harrison Hot Springs- Help Needed!

Thanks so much for all of your help. I have been onto the greyhound site and booked our tickets and will probably get a cab at the other end.

No, not visiting for lacrosse, just a holiday!

Thanks again.

Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Coquitlam to Harrison Hot Springs- Help Needed!

Depending on what you want to do the bus/taxi may be a good option. But, it is at least a 30 minute drive from Chilliwack to HHS - you may want to negotiate a cost with the taxi driver rather than paying the meter rate. You may also want to consider renting a car unless you're just going to sit and chill at HHS for a few days (which would be nice...). The drive there is very direct and easy even if you don't know the way.

Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Coquitlam to Harrison Hot Springs- Help Needed!

We definitely don't want to drive. We are going to HHS for 2 weeks to relax- so no car required. We do enough driving at home!

Thanks for the tip about negotiating the price with the taxi driver- I would never have thought to do that!

Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Coquitlam to Harrison Hot Springs- Help Needed!

The published rate per km for taxis in the Vancouver area is $1.58/km (not sure if Chilliwack falls into this regulated area, but if not it woulkd likely be cheaper). To get to HHS from Chilliwack this amounts to about $50 one way. The taxis also publish a per hour rate of $28.20. The taxi could probably get you to HHS and get themselves back to Chilliwack in an hour, so use that as your negotiating guide.

Enjoy your time in HHS! If you feel you want to see another world, another ride of about 60 minutes will take you "around the corner" into the dry interior of BC, maybe to Lytton. Another hour or two will take to you into wine country. But, if you want to stay put in HHS, it is beautiful and you will have a lovely time.

9. Re: Getting from Coquitlam to Harrison Hot Springs- Help Needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 13:16