We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Topic
Where to Stay?

We're traveling to Vancouver for 3 nights in August. I'm not sure where to stay - hotel & area. I'm booking the hotel for my parents - mid 50's.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay?

dnarula

You'll want to use the hotel selector at tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g154943-Vancouver_Bri… That way, you can indicate budget, dates, etc. I suggest first leaving the "Recommended for" drop down as 'all' - so that you get more hotels. Then change that box to Seniors if you get a larger listing.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,152 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay?

Checking forum is a good way to start. Look for something in the West End, or on Robson St. Two good hotel choices.. Blue Horizon, the Sylvia, both mid range, excellent locations.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay?

The Sylvia Hotel overlooks the beach and if the price is right would be an excellent choice. I stayed at the Hyatt which is in a handy location right in the heart of everything. Just avoid using any of there outrageously expensive services or dining and it's a good place for the "Priceline price". ;) Never would I pay full price to stay there with the hard bed, and ripoff prices... for example two eggs and sausage or bacon is $17.00 + tax and tip.

Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay?

The Sylvia, the Sylvia, the Sylvia. My mid-50s parents love it and so do I. It is an ivy covered hotel with a variety of room types in a great location.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay?

Try the Holiday Inn Express in Metrotown if they want to get around easily without driving. Unlike downtown hotels the parking is free, and it includes a hot breakfast. Attached to the monorail system called Skytrain which transports them easily and quickly to the downtown area and is is also attached to the largest mall in BC, Metropolis at Metrotown Mall. Worth a look.

6. Re: Where to Stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 22:20