We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting apartments in Vancouver

UK
9 posts
Save Topic
Renting apartments in Vancouver

Hi.. just joined this site never used TA before but having problem in deciding to rent or not in Vancouver... I'm wanting to stay from the 28th August until 28th Sept. Has anyone got anything good or bad to say about renting in Vancouver... I've approched a few letting companies but so far have had only one comeback to me. So has anyone stayed with Westcliffe properties or does anyone know of other good apartment renting or have stayed in a rented apartment in the last year. Been on craigslist I reckon some on there are a little dodgy if like me you can't visit the place before you arrive. Hope someone out there can advise.

cheers Peter

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
252 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting apartments in Vancouver

Hi Peter

Seeing your post I can only tell you in my experience you are definitely better off renting as opposed to a hotel particularly for that length of time. We rented a apartment in Coal Harbour using www.perfectplaces.com and it was aptly named as it suited our needs so i would check them out.You could also go on google and type in Vacation Rentals in Vancouver and numerous websites will appear.In our case there was my wife and my 2 sons in our party but ther are rentals to suit all party sizes.

I would like to point out however that it may be rather late in the day to get what you want for that period but give it a go and you never know

Best of Luck

Denver

UK
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting apartments in Vancouver

Denver - thanks for the reply will check that site out, as I said I've contacted the people mentioned in my post as I noticed someone mentioned them on another posting, which I cant find now? Anyway they responded back to and I'm waiting to see their contract and costs.

Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting apartments in Vancouver

Try this site for short term holiday rentals. It has lots of pictures so you can see what you would be getting.

http://www.makeyourselfathome.com/

Vacation renatls by owner may be helpful too:

www.vrbo.com

UK
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting apartments in Vancouver

Northern alice. thanks for the information.

north of the 49th
Level Contributor
98 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting apartments in Vancouver

Go with your gut LassiterUK, avoid craigslist at all costs! You and your money will soon be parted. cheers

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting apartments in Vancouver

We just rented a GORGEOUS appartment for a week (also monthly prices) with emr vacation rentals. We were a little worried that the place wouldnt exist etc as you pay beforehand, but they were great!

I know of somwhere called times square suites too on denman/robson but don't know if its any good.

Good luck finding somewhere.

UK
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting apartments in Vancouver

Thanks to all those you have replied to this post really appreciate the help. however my trip (business) to Vancouver has now been delayed but the information provided will be valuable to me later, when I get the go ahead I'll revisit the sites you've mentioned.

Peter

Canada
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renting apartments in Vancouver

You do not mention your budget, but there are a few apartment-hotels around that are quite good. Two are: Viva Suites, and Sunset Inn and Suites.

London
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Renting apartments in Vancouver

I rented one of these apartments for 4 months.

Like you I had never visited Vancouver before but these were highly recommended.

They are based on the north shore in a really quiet neighbourhood just a short walk to the quay which has some amazing shops and eateries. You can get the Sea bus over to town and the hustle and bustle and then retreat to your apartment. Theyre owned by a really lovely couple, which nothing is too much trouble and maintained to a very good standard.

http://www.suitedeals.com/index.html

10. Re: Renting apartments in Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 19:19