We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All you can eat crab?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
All you can eat crab?

I have been trolling through the forum and have not been able to find mention of a restaurant that is offering an all you can eat crab lunch or dinner item.

Anyone know where I can get crab?

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All you can eat crab?

check www.dinehere.ca lots of places that have seafood have crab but I have never seen an "all you can eat"

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All you can eat crab?

i have never heard of all you can eat crab in vancouver.

but if you find a place, please post it.

Vancouver
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: All you can eat crab?

There are a few places. Grand Buffet on Kingsway at Gilley in Burnaby. Lots of Crabs all u can eat.

Also the Buffet place in Surrey (15140 - 101st Ave., Surrey, BC) has crab all u can eat.

Both places have been around for 8-9 years. Look is ok but clean. Not a place to get married, BUT the food is worth it.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All you can eat crab?

If you do go to either, don't be too fussy about the food. These are not known for great food, just passable. So you're going for the "all you can eat" Chinese food experience.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All you can eat crab?

Not to mention, overloading on crab can be a nasty experience. Best to enjoy just a good feast. Overdoing it could turn you off crab forever. Sometimes, more is just not better.

ssj
Vancouver
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All you can eat crab?

My sister used to work for the one in Surrey (By the way it's called Oriental Buffet) for many years. So I can verify that all above posting are true. I'm Chinese and I used to like Oriental Buffet, but after they changed ownership a few times over the years, it's now just an okay restaurant. We've gone from visiting Oriental Buffet almost once a week, now down to once a year. And the last time we were there, even my Caucasian husband, who's not picky, was complaining about the food.

Also you get what you pay for. So if there's crab for dinner buffet, those are the ones that had been frozen before. I never liked the crab there, almost always taste overly fishy (not kept frozen properly?)

For really nice crab, visit non-buffet restaurants like Lee Yuen Seafood Restaurant (604-583-1399

14755 104 Avenue). Or you can buy it live from the supermarket (T&T SuperMarkets) and steam it yourself. It's another alternative to have truly great crabs. Good luck!

7. Re: All you can eat crab?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 01:17