We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grouse Mountain

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Grouse Mountain

I will be heading back to Vancouver again this year in December and last time I didn't make it up Grouse Mountain. It's first on the list this time around so how easy is it to get to from downtown and also a rough cost (via public transport).

Thanks very much

Paul

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Grouse Mountain
Grouse Mountain
4,341 Reviews
North Vancouver, Canada
Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grouse Mountain

You would get the sea bus over to North Van and then the 236 Bus from Lonsdale Quay (Bay 8). It would be a 2 zone ticket $3.75 ($2.50 concession) unless it was after 6.30pm or a weekend in which case it'd be $2.50 (or $1.75) concession.

Mentioned in this post
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
Lonsdale Quay Hotel
634 Reviews
North Vancouver, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
30,185 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grouse Mountain

I presume you are going up to ski. At that time of year, the weather is iffy, so if you are going up for the view, then don't bother unless you have a clear day. Although they do have several attractions up there as well, but it's less appealing without the view. It's a decent ski hill. Bit of a short run, and they tend to be either really easy green runs or deadly difficult black, with not a lot in between.

3. Re: Grouse Mountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 11:18