We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips to Vancouver Island & Whistler

Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips to Vancouver Island & Whistler

We'll be in Vancouver from 16 Oct for 3 days and driving on our own is out of the question.

Can anyone recommend us companies that offers day trips to Vancouver Island and Whistler?

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips to Vancouver Island & Whistler

Pacific Coach Lines runs busses over to Victoria, but it will take the whole day (15hrs) to come here and back. You can find a lot to do in Vancouver for the three days so unless there is something specific you wanted to see here, I'd just stay in Vancouver. I think Whistler is an easier day trip, but have never been so can't reccommend anything. I'm sure one of the lovely Vancouverites will give you good info.

Here's the PCL Website. If you still want to try and get over for a day, I'd take one of the tours that goes to Butcharts and downtown.

http://www.pacificcoach.com/

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,169 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips to Vancouver Island & Whistler

West Coast Sightseeing and LandSea Tours both do daytrips to Whistler and Victoria (on Vancouver Island).

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,169 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips to Vancouver Island & Whistler

... and there's also Gray Line Tours. The major difference is that LandSea Tours and West Coast Sightseeing use smaller buses - you have smaller groups of around 24. Gray Line tends to use the large 56 passenger coaches.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips to Vancouver Island & Whistler

There is so much to see in Vancouver, I would definitely try to stick to the city. I personally would rather going to whistler then vancouver island. Vancouver island is a trip in itself.

Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips to Vancouver Island & Whistler

Thank you guys for your recommendations.

Will check it up and discuss with hubby if it's better to extend our stay and get to see the city as well as to visit Vancouver Island & Whistler....

Cheers and have a great week ahead.

6. Re: Day trips to Vancouver Island & Whistler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 01:20