We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split bt Vancouver and Seattle

Level Contributor
250 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Split bt Vancouver and Seattle

Our family with 3 early teens would like to experience V & S prior to our cruise to Alaska in June. Any advise on how to split the 7 days we have in each location, the top 3 places we should visit and the locale we should stay in each of the cities?

Thank you!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split bt Vancouver and Seattle

We did exactly this in March of this year. We had 3 nights in Seattle and a week in Vancouver. 3 days is enough to see Seattle with sights such as the Space Needle, Boeing, Smith Tower, downtown and Gasworks Park. We stayed near the Space Needle in the Best Western (see my review) and this was fine as a base.

In Vancouver there is far more to see with Canada Place, downtown, Stanley Park, North Van., General Motors Place, the lookout etc. We stayed with family in Kitsilano so not much advice to give in hotels.

Between the cities we travelled by Amtrak train which incidentally is a very good service.

Message me if you would like to know any specifics.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Split bt Vancouver and Seattle

I think murphy is selling Seattle a bit short. Frankly, the two cities and their environs require a week each to explore. W/o car within these cities, and with car to explore the beauty of the PNW.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
28,965 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Split bt Vancouver and Seattle

I would tend to agree. There is a lot to see in both locations, so you will just have to make your choices and live with the fact that whatever you do, you'll miss more than you see. It's just the way with travelling, isn't it?

My favorite Seattle spots:

The Underground Tour

The Woodland Park Zoo

Salty's for Sunday Brunch

Vancouver Aquaruim

Grandville Island

Stanley Park and Denman Street

Going up a mountain (take your pick!)

Going out on the water

Level Contributor
250 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Split bt Vancouver and Seattle

Thank you all for the lists, I will check them up for sure! We intend to stay at both locations, just the number of days. we have 2 more days after cruise and hope to swing to Seattle (from Vancouver cruise centre) for last minute shopping at Chelsea Premium Outlets. Our flight back is at 7pm, I reckon we can make it from Seattle (to Vancouver airport) if we leave by 1pm?

5. Re: Split bt Vancouver and Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 02:17