We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code at Bishops

Shropshire, England
Level Contributor
400 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code at Bishops

Hi - We have a table booked at Bishops just before Christmas. It has been on my wish list for a sometime! Do we need to dress up? We are off to Whistler after a few days in Vancouver and we would normally just pack smart casual.

Many thanks

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,934 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code at Bishops

Smart casual should be fine. I can't remember last time dear heart wore a jacket and tie out to dinner.. usually just a nice shirt, sweater. My standard is nice black slacks, slightly dressy black sweater... will get you through just about anywhere.

Very laid back here even in top restaurants. Enjoy.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,316 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code at Bishops

While I would say that Bishops is one of our top restaurants and you can definately dress up for dinner there, I would also say that dress standards here on the Wet Coast are much more casual and relaxed than in the UK. People wear jeans to the opera here. Bishops is a lovely restaurant (went there for my 40th b-day), intimate athmosphere and the most amazing service. So, dress shoes and no jeans. Dress slacks are fine for the women, and there are some nice outfits for men that are dressy but don't require a tie. You should have a lovely evening.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code at Bishops

Smart casual will be fine as 90% of people dress like slobs in Vancouver...err sorry, err..call it relaxed. Don't be surprised to see someone wearing a baseball cap. Enjoy!

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code at Bishops

Bishop's is an odd place in this neighbourhood-people entering/leaving the place often look a tad out of place/overdressed.

We Kits residents are a polite bunch though-we would never stare or snigger.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,316 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code at Bishops

I guess I just enjoy playing dress ups! And you go right ahead and laugh Sam, cause I don't care what you think. ;>

6. Re: Dress code at Bishops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 02:19