We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oyster bar, Please!

Newport Beach, Ca.
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Oyster bar, Please!

Can anyone recommend a place that serves the best freshest oysters in the Vancouver area. The atmosphere is unimportant!

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oyster bar, Please!

rodney's maybe joe fortes

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,471 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oyster bar, Please!

Joe Fortes has good oysters but haven't been impressed with other things there ( food, service.lately)

Blue Water Cafe and Raw Bar.. lots of atmosphere..pricey but good food and excellent oysters.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Oyster bar, Please!

So Cial

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oyster bar, Please!

Another vote for Bluewater

Vancouver, BC...
Level Contributor
30 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oyster bar, Please!

Friends of ours frequent and really like Rodney's.

Blue Water's one of my favourites, and it's true that it's pricey.

Or if you've a kitchen where you're staying (and the willingness to shuck them yourself), pick up a couple dozen at Lobster Man (on Granville Island), and something to quaff at the nearby Granville Island Brewery. Ah, heaven.

Vancouver, B.C.
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Oyster bar, Please!

Rodney's is great... located in the heart of Yaletown

Vancouver bc
Level Contributor
331 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oyster bar, Please!

Joe Fortes would be my vote

vancouver
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Oyster bar, Please!

I would say Rodney's is great if you want funny sarcastic and entertaining waiters. Great if you want to inject humor into your night.

Joe Fortes if you want a more mellow business man atmosphere. One on one time with someone. I've always had excellent service here they are polite and knowledgeable about their wine.

Blue Water if you can stand the price and just want to people watch the others in there. I found the service to be judgemental. I was dressed casual and didn't like the vibe I was given by staff.

If you can make it out to Whistler my favorite is the Bearfoot Bistro that has oyster specials for apres ski. A great deal...if you order a white wine you can even saber it yourself...always a great memory.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Oyster bar, Please!

Monk McQueens in false creek have a good selection of oysters. The view from the restaurant is pretty good as well.

10. Re: Oyster bar, Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 08:26