We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Topic
Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant

Hi, I'm planning to dine at the Top of Vsncouver Revolving Restaurant situated at the Vancouver Lookout. Has anyone been there? Was wondering how the food/service/ambience is..

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant

Politely put it's a place to go for a drink/admire the view before going to somewhere worth eating in.

http://www.dinehere.ca/restaurant.asp?r=2951

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,158 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant

Definitely agree with Sam on this one...suggest you read reviews at www.dinehere.ca

http://www.dinehere.ca/restaurant.asp?r=2951

Vancouver has far too many excellent restaurants to waste your money here.

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant

Gee thanks! Looks like I've gotta rethink about going there. Any good recommendations for a nice romantic dinner?

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant

Vancouver is a strange place-anywhere that has a view is almost guaranteed to be anything *but* good food/romantic feel.

So I would go with a place like Parkside

http://www.parksiderestaurant.ca/

There are so many more though I'm sure others posters here have something to add.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,716 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant

Disagree! Best view and best food - Horizons on Burnaby Mountain. Getting there can be a bit challenging for tourists based in downtown, but I've never been disappointed.

Also had a pretty good meal at the restaurant in Queen Elizabeth Park.. can't think of the name right now...Sprinklers?... and the view was quite something.

There's a nice restaurant right under the bridge that looks across to Grandville Island. I think it's changed hands since I was there, but it was a nice restaurant at the time, and I liked the view.

Aren't there a couple of really nice places along the waterfront in Yaletown?

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant

Seasons in the park is in qep

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,158 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant

For romantic I would look at Villa Del Lupo or Bachus at the Wedgewood...or check www.dinehere.ca as it has great reviews by real people..you can sort by price area etc. Horizons on Burnaby mountain can be good but the view can be obscured by clouds and you would have to drive there. Saeasons in the park is the onein Queen Elizabeth park.. again you have to drive ( or cab it). Food there was good but haven't been for a year or so so can't comment now. Sam is right though about great view =soso food..and I think I've found that world wide. There are lots of restaurants with park/ water views that have excellent food though even then you may not get a "window" seat. I assume by romantic you mean quiet/intimate/good service..that's why I have suggested the two above.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant

My two cents...

Parkside and Villa del Lupo - nice ambience and great food.

If you want a view to go with that, Seasons Hill Top Bistro (formerly Seasons in the Park). Food quality and service have always been good. Better to go on a clear day and spend a bit of time around the park before dinner.

Iowa City
Level Contributor
886 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant

Sure, the Elizabeth Park restaurant is Seasons in the Park-it is here, that the summit was held, the Tea House Sequoia has wonderfgul view, and decent food-it used to be much better-the Vista atop the Renaissance hotel, next to Canada Place has great view and food.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant

A place with decent food AND a decent view is Aqua Riva, located immediately east of Canada Place, and with huge windows looking out on to the cruise ship terminal, the harbour and the north shore mountains. They have a nice firewood oven, and their roasted dishes are very good. Not the top-of-the-heap by any means, but a good combination of view and food.