We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnamese Restaurant Downtown

Parksville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnamese Restaurant Downtown

I just read on the net that Saigon, on Robson Street is no longer open. I'm looking for a recommendation - something within walking distance of the Bayshore if possible. There used to be one on the other side of the street, a bit up the hill, underneath an apartment building or small or hotel... I'm probably dating myself as I haven't lived in the city since 1998!

Thanks from Smithers

Robin

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnamese Restaurant Downtown

There's one called Vina on Denman Street, just a few blocks away from the Bayshore. I've never been there before so you should look up dinehere.ca for reviews

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnamese Restaurant Downtown

vina's is a tad upmarket for what a vietnamese resto should be imo, i much prefer the classic kingsway hole in the wall vibe, that being said, yes, it is nearby

Parksville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietnamese Restaurant Downtown

Bumblebee

thanks for jogging my memory. Vina will work out just fine for us.

4. Re: Vietnamese Restaurant Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 20:17