We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

high tea

California
Level Contributor
356 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
high tea

please advice on nice but not expensive place for high tea on a Saturday or Sunday in SOMA,KITSILANO OR UBC area - thanks so much

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: high tea

not sure about high tea here, its more a victoria thing

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,556 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: high tea

I don't think you'd find much along those lines in those neighbourhoods (where is Soma?) The only place I can think of that you MIGHT find something like that in Vancouver is one of the older downtown hotels.

vancouver, b.c.
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: high tea

SOMA is south main street - I think Broadway - King Edward.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: high tea

soam is actually more broadway to 15th (ish)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: high tea

We love this place on West 10th (Point Grey, nearish to UBC) www.pointgreyvillage.com/food_drink.htm - T Room Bakery & Kitchenware. Not high tea as such, but you can put one together from their menu.

Lovely choice of teas on West Broadway: http://www.tealeaves.com/

The Wedgewood Hotel downtown does a good high tea. It is cheaper than the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver: www.wedgewoodhotel.com/files_2/menus.php

For reference, there is high tea available at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, downtown...but might be a bit pricier than you would like...

fairmont.com/hotelvancouver/GuestServices/Re…

Haven't been, but have heard of The Secret Garden, Kerrisdale http://www.secretgardentea.com/default.asp

Enjoy!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: high tea

Hi rda555,

Another vote for the Fairmont Vancouver... just like all the "former" CP Hotels in Canada they serve high tea, it isn't cheap, but it is 5 star white glove service... as a reflection on their past, and their place in Canadian History, they continue to provide the best Tea in all of Canada (if you are ever here in Ottawa - Canada's Capital City, be sure and check out their sister hotel the Fairmont Chateau Laurier, right downtown next to our Parliament Buildings).

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Hmmmm... Suddenly I'm having a craving for this unique pampering experience as it's been awhile. LOL

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: high tea

Here's another two options for high tea on top of the ones mentioned.

Fish House at Stanely Park fishhousestanleypark.com/menu-app/index.php…

Adonia Tea House in Kerrisdale

http://www.adoniatea.com/

California
Level Contributor
356 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: high tea

thanks to all of you!!!!

I am looking forward to this wonderful experience of HIGH TEA in a couple of weeks!!!!

California
Level Contributor
356 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: high tea

I just checked the web site for Adonia - looks yummy and the price is the best!!! thanks so much for this suggestion

My suggestion , if any of you go to Victoria- and if you do not want to spend a fortune go to

THE BLETNERING PLACE for afternoon tea

www.thebletheringplace.com

THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

California
Level Contributor
356 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: high tea

I just checked the web site for Adonia - looks yummy and the price is the best!!! thanks so much for this suggestion

My suggestion , if any of you go to Victoria- and if you do not want to spend a fortune go to

THE BLETNERING PLACE for afternoon tea

www.thebletheringplace.com

THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!