We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Ideas

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Ideas

Hi,

My partner and i will be in Vancouver for 3 days from 9-12 december for our honeymoon. Can i please get some suggestions for romantic things to do, such as restaurants, nice walks, best spots for views and 'couple' activities that are around the general area.

Any suggestions will be appriciated.

Thanks!

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Ideas

your a bit vague, what kind of food and what price range? this also applies to your whistler post

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Ideas

Anything really. We are up for most foods that are of good quality - Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Steakhouses, Local foods, even a bit of French, or Indian. We have quite a broad range. As long as the food is good, there is a nice atmosphere, maybe something with good views or is unique to the area.

As far as pricing goes, up to say $30-$50 a head, perhaps more if it is really good.

As i say, we are up for anything, got to be adventurous and open minded to experience the true nature of travel.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Ideas

i guess a natural would be chinese food as we ( and sf) are said to have the best on the continent, izakaya scene here is also quite vibrant and lots of fun especially if you've never experienced it

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,573 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Ideas

Have a look at www.dinehere.ca a good starting point with reviews of restaurants by locals..sort by price, area, type of food.

As you will be here in the wet season nice walks may be iffy.. if the weather isn't too bad a walk around part of the sea wall in Stanley Park is a must.. a ride on the Aquabus over to Granville Island ( about 6 minute boat ride from downtown) then a coffee in the market while watching the False Creek traffic.

http://www.theaquabus.com/

A glass of wine at the four Seasons Hotel lounge.. a nice setting with good wine choices.... or a glass of wine at the Wedgewood Hotel lounge and do some people watching.

The Christmas Trees will be up in the Four Seasons lobby.. they are a fund raiser for local charities and can be fun to look at..as well the Hyatt Hotel lobby will have Gingerbread Houses.. at least 100 usually.. another fund raiser and another indoor interesting activity.. not especially romantic but they are always quite fun to see.

The Vancouver Symphony will be doing it's Christmas Concert series..Dec 10 at St Andrew's Church right downtown

www.vancouversymphony.ca/concertpage.php…

Van Dusen Gardens will just be opening for the annual Festival of Lights which is always a treat.

vancouver.ca/parks/…fol_hours.htm

Vancouver
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Ideas

Congratulations!!!

Great restaurants: The Cannery in the Port of Vancouver offers great food and an unbeatable view of the harbour - you can arrange a float plane to take you for a sightseeing tour and drop you off at the restaurant! Cloud Nine sits atop Vancouver - as well, Griffins in Hotel Vancouver (Fairmont) and Sutton Place have great weekend breakfast Buffets!

Romantic activities:

Take a stroll along the seawall and check out Stanley Park - its a beautiful thing to do which i enjoy very much one on one! http://www.venturevancouver.com/stanley-park, also, sit on first beach in Vancouver's west end and watch the sunset - amazing!

Check out the museums in the city, especially the Museum of Anthropology which is the area's best - nearby is wreck beach, empty in the winter and offering vistas of the west! www.moa.ubc.ca/

vancouver, b.c.
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Ideas

In December, the christmas train should be open at Stanley Park. This is fun & inexpensive. Alot of children but alot of couples too. It opens in the afternoon, but is nicest in the dark. Choose a later evening time. They do take reservations through ticketmaster, just not yet. Visit vancouver.ca/parks/…index.htm for more info.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,486 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Ideas

Go play in the snow! Cypress, Grouse and Seymour mountains all have options for different snow activities. A night time snowshoe tour would be wonderfully romantic! I'd recommend Cypress because I think Hollyburn lodge is one of the best places in the city.

Try the Chocolate Fondue Tour:

http://www.cypressmountain.com/ss.html

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Ideas

Harbour Cruises offers a Carol Ship Parade Dinner Cruise

http://www.boatcruises.com/carolship.html

http://www.carolships.org/s/Home.asp

For my anniversary, my husband and I went to a place called Raw Canvas after a nice diner at Bluewater Cafe (both in Yaletown) where you can let your creative side out and paint on canvas. The cost depends on the size of the canvas and they include all the paints and brushes. It's a little coffee shop by day and lounge by night, with tapas and desserts. My husband and I worked on two separate canvases with a theme depicting the day we met. Not everyone's idea of romance but if you've "been there and one that" with the plethora of romantic restaurants and picturesque spots, then this may be something different.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
818 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon Ideas

The boat cruises are just large open boats not much romance. It's based more for large company parties vs something romantic.

Canada
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon Ideas

for places to eat, there is cloud 9 and top of vancouver (harbour centre) for good food and good view. good steak, try gotham on seymour street.