We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good shopping districts/malls

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Good shopping districts/malls

Besides Robson Street, what other places can you recommend me for good shopping, I don't mind going to malls or outlets.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good shopping districts/malls

yaletown for boutique locally owned , unlike robson

NY
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good shopping districts/malls

Are there any big malls or shopping centers around?

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good shopping districts/malls

pacific centre is the biggest downtown mall

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good shopping districts/malls

Metrotown is probaby the largest and you can hop on the skytrain downtown and it will take you right there. Great way to see the city also from 25 feet up in the air.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good shopping districts/malls

Park Royal has been recommended to me - it's in West van. We're going to visit on our way back from Shannon falls.

http://www.shopparkroyal.com/

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good shopping districts/malls

Excellent idea. Its a great mall.

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good shopping districts/malls

Robson Street is full of chain stores and tourist traps. You will find what you can find at home.

Yaletown is great. Lots of small local shops. You could also check out West 4th Avenue in Kitsilano, a mixture of trendy chains and local shops. A great Vancouver owned womens' wear place on 4th is "Wear Else." South Granville street is a newly burgeoning shopping area with lots of local shops including "Jack and Jill" and the very expensive "Boboli". On South Granville street, you will also find Freedman's shoes for both men and women.

All of the above areas are easily reached via a quick taxi or bus. If very healthy, you could walk to them but your feet might be too worn out for shopping.

Pacific Centre is home to the fabulous (and expensive) Canadian designer clothing store, Holt Renfrew.

Metrotown is Robson Street for suburbia. Vancouver does not have the outlet stores you find in the states.

NY
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Good shopping districts/malls

Hi,

Are thereany good/affordable and stylish clothing stores that won't cost an arm and leg?

Also do you know of any good cosmetic stores in Vancouver? I'm looking for good Canadian skincare/cosmetic products, stuff I can't get in the US?

Also, if time permitting, andy good spas, or hair salons, just to try something different.

I guess I want to fully enjoying eating, pampering, relaxing and shopping in Vancouver. But of course I want to see all the majoy sites, I'm still trying to piece together my itinerary.

Annie

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good shopping districts/malls

What is reasonable for one person is outrageous for another. How much would you spend on a good sweater? a pair of pants for work? What is your age bracket - 20's, 50's?

There are good specialty cosmetic stores. What kind of places do you usually buy your cosmetics and skin care? London Drugs and Shoppers' Drugs on Broadway carry a wide range of products. Two Canadian brands they carry are Neo Strata and Lise Watier. For more unique products, many of which are imported from Europe there's the Beauty Box on West 4th. There is also a herbal place (I think it's called Gaia) at the Granville island Market which has house made skin care of exceptional quality.

Granville Island is also great to wander around. There are a lot of day vendors with original jewelry, and and crafts.

As for spas, I recommend Spa Ethos/Solarice(recently renamed) or Beverly's on West 4th Avenue. In the downtown area Spa Absolute is great.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good shopping districts/malls

On top of all the suggestions, I'm a big fan of South Granville area. Starting around 6th on Granville Street, just off the Granville Bridge and up to about 16th. There's a line of art galleries, boutique clothing stores, award wining restaurants , and places to pamper your self. Among all the shops and art galleries, make sure you pick up some bath products at Rocky Mountain Soap Factory, enjoy a pot of tea at Teaz and a relaxing treatment at Miraj Hammam Spa which features middle eastern treatments in a Turkish bath setting and finish up the day with dinner at West or Vij's.